Shots fired at downtown Dallas protest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
    Exactly. And then the question becomes, exactly who was he threatening when he was hiding in the corner of the parking garage? You guys keep bringing up snipers. Aren't snipers typically used in hostage situations where there is a threat to someone?
    He had already killed 4 people, and was plenty ready to kill 4 more, is that not considered a threat to you? I mentioned sniper as another already "common" means of taking someone out without direct interaction, to quell those concerned about drones and what not.

He made it clear that he wasn't going alive, pray tell, what would you had them done, sit there patiently until he gets hungry and comes out guns blazing? THe Orlando shooter didn't leave alive, is that a problem in your mind as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big A View Post
      He had already killed 4 people, and was plenty ready to kill 4 more, is that not considered a threat to you? I mentioned sniper as another already "common" means of taking someone out without direct interaction, to quell those concerned about drones and what not.

He made it clear that he wasn't going alive, pray tell, what would you had them done, sit there patiently until he gets hungry and comes out guns blazing? THe Orlando shooter didn't leave alive, is that a problem in your mind as well?
      He was a threat to any officer that would have tried to arrest him. Why would you risk more dying if he wouldn't surrender?

Are they supposed to wait until he comes out shooting, possibly killing more cops, or sit there until he passes out then try to arrest him while he's asleep?

Good kill by the robot.
      sigpic

Comment

• If it isn't a hostage situation, isn't SWAT called in to eliminate a threat by any means necessary?

Comment

• You should just go back to the butter knife BJ. LMAO!
          1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
            And that's a problem. Even after he did everything he did, he still had rights.

NO, I disagree... in this situation, the moment he pulled the trigger and shot the first person, his rights become secondary to those belonging to the rest of us.

His rights only extend to a point where he is not infringing on the rights of others. Once he exceeds those limits... he must be stopped.

I know this is not what the lawsays...but it's what I say.

mardyn

Comment

• Originally posted by mardyn View Post
              NO, I disagree... in this situation, the moment he pulled the trigger and shot the first person, his rights become secondary to those belonging to the rest of us.

His rights only extend to a point where he is not infringing on the rights of others. Once he exceeds those limits... he must be stopped.

I know this is not what the lawsays...but it's what I say.

mardyn
              The common sense in this post and some of the others I have seen in this thread is encouraging. Well done to those who have common sense.
              1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• I am far from qualified to comment on constitutional rights in a situation like this.

That said, I think blowing up that A-hole with a bomb bot is about the coolest thing ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                  He was a threat to any officer that would have tried to arrest him. Why would you risk more dying if he wouldn't surrender?

Are they supposed to wait until he comes out shooting, possibly killing more cops, or sit there until he passes out then try to arrest him while he's asleep?

Good kill by the robot.
                  There is a short leap from this point to "well he hasn't killed anyone yet but he says he is going to" and then deadly force becomes justified in any situation where someone is barricaded in a place and talks a big game. To anyone with "common sense" about civil liberties that is a concern.
                  Originally posted by racrguy
                  What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                  Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    I am far from qualified to comment on constitutional rights in a situation like this.

That said, I think blowing up that A-hole with a bomb bot is about the coolest thing ever.
                    In a comedic sense I thought it was fucking hilarious.
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?

Comment

There is a short leap from this point to "well he hasn't killed anyone yet but he says he is going to" and then deadly force becomes justified in any situation where someone is barricaded in a place and talks a big game. To anyone with "common sense" about civil liberties that is a concern.
                      But does he have a butter knife in his hand? LMAO
                      1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                        But does he have a butter knife in his hand? LMAO
                        You really need to work on your troll game if you want to play.

Comment

Yeah. I don't know how they could/should have handled it differently, but I do know that it's a dangerous path. IMO it isn't about using the robot as much as it is about using deadly force when he's apparently contained.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

In a comedic sense I thought it was fucking hilarious.
                            Good, that's all I was going for.

Comment

You really need to work on your troll game if you want to play.
                              Okay, just keep mumbling "butter knife" and move on. I am doing just fine BJ.
                              1983 Mustang Coupe

Comment

• Originally posted by Paladin View Post
                                Okay, just keep mumbling "butter knife" and move on. I am doing just fine BJ.
                                You haven't ever been doing fine at it, clown. Not here, not in Canada, not ever. I thought most people got wiser with age, glad to see you bucking the trend.

Comment

Working...
                                X