No announcement yet.

Be on the lookout for me...looking for Mx bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying a bike is turning out to be quite a challenge! I started looking for a 2017 250 XCW or 250 XCF-W. Most shops will not quote a price on a new bike. They just say MSRP is....... Ask them what the OTD price is and they usually quote either MSRP plus TT&L or they say when you come in and ready to haul it home...we will get you that price. Worse than buying a new car. We have one KTM dealer with 100 miles so it is not like I am going to drive to DFW or OKC and drive to every single dealer. Just give me a price and I can decide where to buy.....I think the dealers are doing a form a price fixing if you ask me. I honestly don't see how they sell bikes with the way they treat people on the phone. I went to my local dealer and they will not give me a price until they have the bike and I have the truck to haul it away. I said..."truck is in the parking lot and I am ready to pay right now". Well we don't have the bike in yet so we can't price it.....

Comment

The kawi dealer in lancaster ( and their irving counterpart IIRC) does out the door pricing.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        The kawi dealer in lancaster ( and their irving counterpart IIRC) does out the door pricing.
        Yep I have been buying from Rick since he was a younger lad and I was 15 yo. The other guy is running it now due to some other issues but I love the no BS pricing.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Any of you been on a 17 KTM or Husqvarna with the new counter balance and air forks? Worth the 1300 price difference to wait on a 17 or buy a 16 left over?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            I have a 16 KTM 250sxf with a 270cc big bore kit and ported head/cams. It is brand new and has only dyno time on it. I just finished building it and it is too damn hot to ride. LoL. It has the 16 WP cone valve forks and Trax shock as well. I say just go get a new one. They are awesome machines. My bike make 54hp. Pretty damn good for a 250f (270cc).
            Yeah no shit. I told my wife that it is a shame we bought her a new Ace and I got the KTM only to have a lot of the tracks submerged with water during the delightful weather months. It went from weeks of rain and 60 degrees to no rain and 95.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

When it is hot we usually get up and head to our riding spot before day break. As soon as there is light we ride for about 2 hours and head home. By the time we are cleaning the bikes it is getting hot out. The crazy thing is we see people getting there just as we are leaving and I wonder how in the world they can stand to ride in 95-105 degree weather......not me....

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                When it is hot we usually get up and head to our riding spot before day break. As soon as there is light we ride for about 2 hours and head home. By the time we are cleaning the bikes it is getting hot out. The crazy thing is we see people getting there just as we are leaving and I wonder how in the world they can stand to ride in 95-105 degree weather......not me....
                With no bullet proof vest on 95 does not really phase me. My wife on the other hand. When my buddy and I use to ride it didn't matter and we would get up early and ride for hours. Rain, sleet or hail. Lets just admit it fellas we are getting old and prissy. The other issue is getting my wife up before 9 on her days off. I don't want to be stabbed if I can avoid it.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by 1carcrazyguy View Post
                  This is what my riding schedule use to look like. Now a days I cant find anywhere thats open before 9 or 10 am to ride. It sucks thats for sure so I have only been riding once in the past few months. Come fall, winter and spring Ill try to make up for it tho.

Comment

That is why I didn't own a bike when I lived in DFW. Now that I am back up in the Texas Panhandle, I have a place to ride and people that are off during the week to go riding with. Weekends are good as long as you get loaded up and headed back before all the Jed's show up at about 11am. lol

Comment

I drive to Marietta, OK during the weekdays for morning riding. Almost any day of the week 9am and no crowd. Cant beat it.

Comment

So what bike did you end up getting?

Comment

Nothing just yet. Been riding my brothers Kx250 and my dads wrf250. I am leaning towards a 17 KTM 250xcw. However there are a couple of used 250xcf's that have come up for sale that caught my eye. Just can't decide if I want a 4 stroke...as I grew up riding 2 strokes.

Comment

I go back and forth, Im faster on a 4 but happier on a 2stroke.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                              I go back and forth, Im faster on a 4 but happier on a 2stroke.
                              I was 100% certain on 2 stroke. Then after riding the Wrf250 (even though it was an older bike), it was just a lot of fun. It made climbing easy where the 2 stroke would try to lift the front wheel if you got in a pinch. Never had trouble climbing with the 2-stroke just the 4-stroke was easier. In the old days, when I rode my dads 4-stroke, it was a beast. I was maybe 14-15 years old and maybe 85-100 lbs soaking wet. Go jump on the beast, of a massively heavy, TT500 and it just was crazy, scary and fun all at once. Like riding a tank that wanted to nothing but keep the wheels on the ground and sling the back end side to side. Now riding the 250 4 stroke it is the nice smooth power and yet still has the suspension like any other good bike. Back then most 4 strokes weren't built to jump and really be agile.

Comment

Looks like I should have a bike by the weekend. Nothing fancy, just something to get my feet wet again.

Comment

Working...
                                X