Who here 3D prints

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here 3D prints

My garage makeover is currently on hold because I need 4 more of these in order to hang one of the wall cabinets

http://www.stanleytoolparts.com/wallbracket.html

I emailed Stanley but they've been long gone and aren't coming back.

They're made of plastic. Can any of you guys print up a few. I have 4 and need 4 more (2 wall shelves)

Thanks

I do and so does black2002ls.

A few of us have CNC machines as well.

How much weight is that supposed to hold? 3D prints are pretty limited in strength often times

Comment

Manual says each cabinet has a max of 215 lbs LOL

These 2 wall cabinets will be strictly for aerosols and other lightweight
      items as their floor counterparts offer more than enough heavy storage space.

2 go attached about 5 inches from the top and the other 2 support the bottom.
      What I can do is put the original 4 I have across both bottoms and the 4 printed
      towards the top since those just mainly keep it from falling forward

Here's a pic of the exact cabinets in question I found online

So the whole system is made of some type of plastic that's still somewhat bendable (after being 10+ years old), tough and lightweight.

Here's an old school video of some Bob Villa type putting them up
      https://www.ronhazelton.com/projects...nto-a-workshop

If you or any of the other guys feel up to it I'd be much appreciative. This garage was coming together until I hit this snag

Comment

What are the dimensions? It's probably a nylon or ABS if it's still flexible.

Have you checked Amazon for replacements?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          What are the dimensions? It's probably a nylon or ABS if it's still flexible.

Have you checked Amazon for replacements?
          The main units themselves seem to be made of that slightly pliable plastic material, but the hardware (these brackets) are made of a rigid plastic

Amazon was no help and feel fortunate too have that link I posted. I was probably on my third hour long attempt before I found that

Dims are as follows. 2-3/4H x 1-3/16W x 5/16D at it's thickest point

Comment

I'd need more dims than that. It's basically gotta be 3D modeled and then fabricated if using a printer or CNC.

I Wouldnt recommend a hobby grade 3D printer for anything load bearing...especially elevated like that. A commercially printed part like that is probably going to be $5-10 per bracket with higher quality materials.

When are you hoping to have a part by and where are you located?

Comment

Itll only take 5 minutes to 3D model, but about 1-1.5 hours for CAM and machining. Actual cnc run time is like 5-10 minutes but setup with everything is the killer.

Comment

Of course I'd like to get my ultimate garage project back on track asap, especially since it was coming together so nicely but truly their is no deadline. The project will resume when I get the brackets.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

I'm over by the Dallas Arboretum

Comment

Working...
                    X