Junior Dragsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grape View Post
    anything you do with your children along those lines will be worth it in the long run. I did not come from a racing family, my father dreamed about cars and race cars his whole life. So, when we started racing at the age of 6 or so, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Some kids take the interest and run with it, such as myself, others do not. I raced with most of the kids you see today driving indycars, stockcars, monster trucks, etc. We have all known eachother since we were in our single digits in age. Make sure that whatever you do, do it on a national level, even if it means saving up and going to fewer races per year, your kids will meet cooler friends and you will actually accomplish something. I haven't seen the kids i went to school with since i graduated high school, yet my professional friends have remained the same for nearly 30 years now.
    Id agree....

also look into lots of different series other than jr. Dragsters....there are lots to race and much of it develops more skill

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      at least big dad isnt bitter!

god bless.

Not bitter, thankful what for what I have .. and what people have done for me

and what I've done for myself

Comment

For every "my dad made me do it" story, there are several stories of kids that only want to race. My daughter was in a Jr, and 10 years later, she is still racing the big cars. She never complained about heat or how long we were there, I raced that night after the Jr's, so 8:00am, and done after midnight. I still have several friends in it, and others that have progressed to big cars. If you are really interested, Texas Raceway is having the Jr ET Finals Oct 12-13, go check it out, may find a car for sale there too. Search the web message boards for Jr's too. If you want, PM me and I can see what's for sale out there, I work with some guys that are still into them.
        sigpic

Comment

I was 12 or 13 when Jr Dragsters first came out. I wanted one bad! My parents couldn't afford it and my Dad just told me that in a few years I could dragrace a "real" car when I got a license and bought a car. It crazy to see how much that class has grown in 20+ years!

Comment

I will suggest to try out Karting. More raceing and less waiting.

Look into this:http://www.ntkarters.com/

We have some demo karts for rides if you would like to try it out w/o $$$.

PM me if you want more info.

Comment

I raced them for almost 10 years. Worst decision my dad ever made because now all I do is race every weekend from February-November. No free weekends, no money, busted hands. However, I do have a nice collection of memories, wally and ironmen, lifetime friends most of whom I raced jr's with, and a solid relationship with my parents that I probably never would have had otherwise.

Racing is never cheap, but it doesn't have to be the cost of a house either. A solid early-mid 2000's car, 12.90(nhra) motor(11.90 in IHRA now for 8-9 year olds), a small trailer and half ton truck(could do it like we used to and haul the jr in the back of the truck even). Then again like all racing, you will want to have more, and you will spend more to do it!
              3x NHRA/IHRA Division 4 Champion
              www.heathensracing.com

Competition Sales of Dallas
              Mothers Polish and Waxes
              Mickey Thompson Tires
              Champion Racing Oils
              MaxCackle Photos

"I bleed red, white, blue, and a little bit of E85"

Comment

Marc (Fastfullsize) is currently running jrs with his son... A couple of different classes. Get ahold of him for some real time info and pricing.
                Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Working...
                X