No announcement yet.

Junior Dragsters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like how everyone assumes my family always had money. We did not have "money" until I was 10 or so. I have lived through seeing the family business grow from a single location to what it is now.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Look on racing junk - there's always deals there to be had. Much cheaper to buy a built car that you know works than trying to build one yourself.

We ran JD for several years. Gotta admit what Doc said is true - It's damned hot, you spend the WHOLE day at the track, sometimes the kids aren't nearly as into it as their wannabe-baller parents (many of whom seem to be living vicariously through their children) are. And you think politics in the adult classes are bad? When the track owner's grandson ALWAYS gets the nod on any dispute his parents file and ends up winning the season because of it and the track favorites never seem to get a tech inspection buy YOU do every time you make the semis, you've gotta admit it's not a coincidence.

Don't misunderstand me; We had some great times at the track and we all raced at the time. We really enjoyed the time together, but I can't say it was any better than if we'd all loaded up and gone camping together as a family.

After we quit racing, we haven't so much as gone and watched a race.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I like how everyone assumes my family always had money. We did not have "money" until I was 10 or so. I have lived through seeing the family business grow from a single location to what it is now.
        Although my parents aren't near the bank of yours, they ended up doing well for themselves with my mother being a director at a college and my father being a VP. I remember when I was kid my parents working multiple jobs while going to college, my mother making my clothes, and mac & cheese with hotdogs cut up in them was a feast fit for kings.

Nothing was more annoying to me when I had nice things I bought and worked for on side jobs and people just kept saying "mommy and daddy bought those for you." Granted while living at home my parents did provide for me most everything(Truck was a graduation present), I still had to pay for any luxuries/hot rod parts etc.

People will always be jealous, but it looks like you already figured that out.
        "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Doesn't bother me really. If people here saw my bank statement, car, and my house they would laugh. Not like I have a joint bank account with my old man.

Comment

Why be a dick dude? I said I liked the 20 seconds of racing and hated the 8 hours of downtime and burning a Saturday/Sunday when all my friends and the neighborhood kids were out doing stuff. Hell, we didn't even have money back then.

I really enjoyed Spec Miata later in life, but I don't have the money now.

Me .. ?

Be a dick ..How so ?, you come on here and flaunt your better than thou lifestyle .I am just pointing it out like many others do

Ho Hum ..I got so boooooredddd running one , and it was sooo hot !!

You know what my dad let me do for fun ??

Clean the hog house, clean the chicken house ...

walk bean fields , pick rocks .. feed cattle, feed pigs ..etc.

Yeah, and all the while he was chewing my ass cause I couldn't go fast enough ..

What did I get paid ??

Two hots and cot while most paid for by my mother who worked two jobs trying to make ends meet

I never got shit given to me .. never ..

Right now, I go by moms every month and pay her bills cause she don't have enough to .

Old man died in 1984

Good for your pops doing well, it takes a couple life choices and you can easy go to penthouse, or shit house ..

lucky for you he made the right ones

Maybe you should spit out the spoon and try to outdo him ..

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
              Me .. ?

Be a dick ..How so ?, you come on here and flaunt your better than thou lifestyle .I am just pointing it out like many others do

Yeah, and all the while he was chewing my ass cause I couldn't go fast enough ..

What did I get paid ??

Two hots and cot while most paid for by my mother who worked two jobs trying to make ends meet

Right now, I go by moms every month and pay her bills cause she don't have enough to .

Old man died in 1984

Good for your pops doing well, it takes a couple life choices and you can easy go to penthouse, or shit house ..

what does any of that have to do with his experience with Jr Dragster?
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
                Me .. ?

What did I get paid ??

Old man died in 1984

Well, obviously you had it really bad.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

My better than thou lifestyle? What are you talking about dude?

I drive a 2006 Jeep Wrangler, I have an 1,100 square foot house, and I dont have anything cool except some nice firearms which I am very, very proud of. Sorry you had a rough childhood though.

Comment

at least big dad isnt bitter!

god bless.
                    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I drive a 2006 Jeep Wrangler, I have an 1,100 square foot house, and I dont have anything cool except some nice firearms which I am very, very proud of. Sorry you had a rough childhood though.
                      2006 TJ or LJ?

LJ = Living off of Dad

TJ = Poor people problems

Comment

It is a stock 2006 two door wrangler that I paid $14,000 for.

Comment

It is a stock 2006 two door wrangler that I paid $14,000 for.
                          It's the interior that makes it choo$$$ chooo$$$
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Daaaaamn, that shit is fly!

Comment

LOL! Yeah, you don't flaunt anything at all, or act like a complete entitled rich douche, ever. Not on this website, nope. Not you.

That said, I don't know what any of that has to do with Jr. Dragsters.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

anything you do with your children along those lines will be worth it in the long run. I did not come from a racing family, my father dreamed about cars and race cars his whole life. So, when we started racing at the age of 6 or so, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. Some kids take the interest and run with it, such as myself, others do not. I raced with most of the kids you see today driving indycars, stockcars, monster trucks, etc. We have all known eachother since we were in our single digits in age. Make sure that whatever you do, do it on a national level, even if it means saving up and going to fewer races per year, your kids will meet cooler friends and you will actually accomplish something. I haven't seen the kids i went to school with since i graduated high school, yet my professional friends have remained the same for nearly 30 years now.
                                pinto gt with wood trim

Comment

Working...
                                X