No announcement yet.

Local X275 racing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish there was a way to educate the average fan about small tire racing. If they understood just half of how hard it was to put power down to these little tires with the rules constraints, I don't see how they would ever visit a "big" tire race again.
    The horrible truth is that the average fan wants to see a bright colored car, that's loud, that does a wheelie, a huge burn out, and has the appearance of being a max effort combination. They know what they know, and what history has taught them to expect and look for.

On the flip side whether we compete or not, I will continue to attend the races and support the best thing in drag racing!

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
      I could certainly talk about this with someone. I think there should be a Tex275 facebook page though. The texas true 10.5 would get too confusing.
      I'm sure changing the name won't be hard to change. Don't forget the pay will be the same the rest of us get.

Comment

It is going to be hard to please everyone, in terms of the location, especially with the tracks being on extreme ends of the metroplex. But if somehow the races can visit each track a couple times a year, along with good advertising the spectator turnout should increase. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by 582nova View Post
          I'm sure changing the name won't be hard to change. Don't forget the pay will be the same the rest of us get.
          If I can do a small part (or a big part) to create more interest in the class then that's fine with me. I don't need to be paid.

Comment

All above are good ideals. Who wants to keep up with the Facebook page for tex275? I can get info needed to take it over.
            i manage social media sites for a pretty fair cost.. let me know i'll turn this ship around!
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

[quote=zemog;1173180]
              Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
              with most races ending at 2,3 am, that late is just not appealing.
              I think this is one of the biggest thing some of my friends have told me they don't get to see the finals because they have to leave before it's ran
              http/www.texasturboboys.com

Comment

Running late has always been a problem in every class other than at kennedale. We as racers like the later start time in the summer time which leads to later nights. Then you have people that say they need 45 minutes between rounds to cool down. Which I call bs should be about 30 minutes. I know in Tex275 we are all towing to the lanes and towing back now. Which means our cars aren't getting that hot. Then when we have 45 minutes you have a few that drag there feet getting to the lanes so then it's an hour. I would say do 30 minutes turn around time and 10 minutes after the last call put a cone behind the cars in line if the cone is out you can't enter your out.

Comment

Yup time between runs seems to be too long. What about running later into the year? You could then run during the day. Maybe a Saturday afternoon race?

Comment

Running late has always been a problem in every class other than at kennedale. We as racers like the later start time in the summer time which leads to later nights. Then you have people that say they need 45 minutes between rounds to cool down. Which I call bs should be about 30 minutes. I know in Tex275 we are all towing to the lanes and towing back now. Which means our cars aren't getting that hot. Then when we have 45 minutes you have a few that drag there feet getting to the lanes so then it's an hour. I would say do 30 minutes turn around time and 10 minutes after the last call put a cone behind the cars in line if the cone is out you can't enter your out.
                    X2
                    We should run without them if their not ready
                    http/www.texasturboboys.com

Comment

Originally posted by WTS View Post
                      X2
                      We should run without them if their not ready
                      This ^

Comment

They have called the class to the lanes every thirty minutes for the last 4 races. The problem is not that almost all of the cars are late but the fact that the track is not prepped and ready to go when we are all there.

A hard 30 min turn around should not be an issue in my opinion though. I think almost everyone wouldn't mind it but you can't please everyone.
                        903-870-8109

Thank you:
                        2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                        Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                        Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                        Chris Fowler for the motor work
                        TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                        NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                        Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                        Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                        Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Maybe Genes trip to Ducks race @ SGMP will help Denton continue to grow .

Comment

www.Racslip.com has a great way of posting times on cell phone (spectators and racers). They also offer spectators to bet on what car they feel will win the race. It is integrated into facebook ect. My idea a while back was to have all the 275 cars sign up and log in ever time they test or race (completely free to use Raceslip). Kids, Family and fans can watch times and track progress of a car they like as a favorite. With getting spectators into betting (no money just point the site gives) tracking cars, this will get the crowd involved and also get the local 275 cars Fans that follow local cars. Fans will equal into sponsors and maybe make this a little less stressful on the bank account.

My .02
                            True Street MotorSports
                            901 N McDonald St Suite 100
                            McKinney TX 75069

Shop 972.542.9886
                            Fax 972. 542.9879

Nitrous Refills $4lb

Comment

For me it's the schedule, I wish they didn't run the same night as osbh. I built 2 different cars for this class and still have never ran with y'all. I hope I am in for 2014 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast.0 View Post
                                For me it's the schedule, I wish they didn't run the same night as osbh. I built 2 different cars for this class and still have never ran with y'all. I hope I am in for 2014 though.
                                Our 275 schedule is already out so save those dates!
                                903-870-8109

Thank you:
                                2JM Diesel & Fabrication - for the chassis and tuning
                                Freak Show Performance - for the great transmission
                                Jimmy Patton for the pit help
                                Chris Fowler for the motor work
                                TRZ Motorsports - thanks Mike
                                NRC Motorsports - thanks Bob
                                Team Z Motorsports - thanks Dave
                                Forced Inductions - thanks Jose
                                Work Turbochargers - thanks Reed

Comment

Working...
                                X