• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    2...and my head felt like soup.
    Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    How bad is the tired (hunger) head?

There is something that should be addressed with these types of posts. I don't know if anyone here will go this far, but I'd like to work up to doing it myself. Not for this aspect, but for the cleansing, purity aspect of fasting.

And what should be addressed is: Some people will begin to... sort of hear things or perhaps hallucinate after days and days of fasting. You may have heard of this. Jesus fasted in the desert for 40 days for several reasons but one was to "get closer to god" The muslims do rammadon (sp?) in order to "get closer to god".

My humble theory is that its some sort of purity thing. Your body gets cleaned out so much, that perhaps your subconscious mind can now come through more clearly. Something along those lines. But the point is its not actually harmful to you. Its just something you may experience. Just wanted to say that in case anyone really goes into this, and doesn't expect to experience anything like that. It doesn't always happen, but it may happen. So if anyone does it, don't freak out its normal and no you're not going nuts.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      Check out podcast #911 lol
      Watching now. damn!
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
        Watching now. damn!
        yeah, it's a crazy one
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'm imagining horrible watery shits for days....

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
            No shit at all.

Comment

If you eat a carb heavy diet this you will get more hunger than someone on a low carb diet.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                Not even. Your body has no reason to draw water into the bowel, it isn't dehydrated.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  My humble theory is that its some sort of purity thing. Your body gets cleaned out so much, that perhaps your subconscious mind can now come through more clearly. Something along those lines. But the point is its not actually harmful to you. Its just something you may experience. Just wanted to say that in case anyone really goes into this, and doesn't expect to experience anything like that. It doesn't always happen, but it may happen. So if anyone does it, don't freak out its normal and no you're not going nuts.
                  Pretty sure it's a chemical imbalance thing, not some purity thing. And I would be careful calling hallucinations harmless. Some are, some aren't. Usually, it's a sign that something is *wrong* with your body.
                  Undernutrition, malnutrition and starvation can lead to many physical symptoms and often go hand in hand with psychiatric disorders including anorexia nervosa and depression.

Hallucinations do not occur naturally in healthy people without psychological disorders. Extreme physiological stress can induce hallucinations, such as heatstroke or fasting.
                  2004 Z06 Commemorative Ed.

Comment

My 36 he went longer than anticipated. I fucking overslept and missed chow this morning. So I had to wait another 2 hours to catch a break and try to find something to eat.

We have an abundance of dingle bowl cereals, cliff bars, pop tarts and other sugar laden bullshit. Is it wrong I'm pissed because the cereal with least amount of carbs, still had 36g and 7g of sugar? I'm trying hard as hell to keep carbs below 50g a day.

I did use the ketone test strips. I've found that 18 hrs in to a fast I show signs of 15-40mg/dl of ketones. On normal days when I intermittent fast I'll see roughly 5-10mg/dl throughout the day.

I've got 21 days until my next physical so I'm trying like hell to drop these last few pounds to hit 179. Only 3-4 lbs to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                      yeah, it's a crazy one
                      3:43 worth of some believable and irrefutable stuff but mixed with 'he high as shit and that's nuts'. AJ killed that bottle of Jack.

We need a Joe Rogan podcast thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mschmoyer View Post
                        Pretty sure it's a chemical imbalance thing, not some purity thing. And I would be careful calling hallucinations harmless. Some are, some aren't. Usually, it's a sign that something is *wrong* with your body.
                        Undernutrition, malnutrition and starvation can lead to many physical symptoms and often go hand in hand with psychiatric disorders including anorexia nervosa and depression.

http://dujs.dartmouth.edu/2009/11/ha.../#.WUgofWjyu70
                        Evidence points to cleansing, and not chemicals being imbalanced. Cancer taking a beating by doing this, is a pretty big indicator. You have to realize the massive energy sink that digestion really is. And you do have fat stores, everyone does. So no you're not starving either.
                        WH

Comment

Just to point out a fact since Ramadan fasting was mentioned earlier. Muslims are fasting between 4:30am and 7:05pm during this Ramadan. It changes each year. And during that. They don't ingest anything into their body not even water medicine it cetera

Comment

so i was just thinking, i eat dinner between 6-8pm most days, never eat breakfast, and have lunch around 11am. i guess that means ive been fasting 15-17hrs every day. i have no idea why, but i may look into dragging it out longer just because it sounds interesting. now should i get a taco/beer dinner invite, all bets are off.

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I do intermittent fasting. 24hrs at a time. I eat one high fat, medium protein, no carb/sugar meal daily. I cannot explain how much clearer I feel eliminating the sugars. Listen to Joe Rogan on Ketosis. Pretty interesting diet, which I have already seen results in just 3 weeks. I strongly recommend looking into to this.
                              The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Well,i cheated
                                I did 26 hours and said, screw it.

Ate a small salad yesterday evening. Thats it. Haha

I might do small salad this evening again. Will see. Havent ate anything today.

Comment

Working...
                                X