Best sound bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    IMHO this pretty much sums it up. Back in the early days of home surround sound...Dolby Pro-Logic was a leap forward because it added the center channel. Dolby Digital AC3 and DTS pretty much became the standard when they were introduced...they gave true 5.1 surround with separate channels. I doubt most people have listened to a properly calibrated and well designed 5.1 system...they can sound quite amazing if designed and setup properly. While anything beyond 5.1 is fun to listen to...I doubt most people could care less about Atmos, presence rear speakers, and whatever "new" system offers with yet more "channels"...just more gimmicks to sell stuff and make it more complicated than it really needs to be.

So you'd say that a good 5.1 is pretty much all you really need? Given that it was properly calibrated and set up.
    WH

Comment

I'm curious on these high end sound bars.

This sound bar will take your Home Cinema system to a new Dimension: let the vibrations rhythm your films with the sound of a true 5.1 loudspeaker.

My next tower speakers will be Focal.

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
        I'm curious on these high end sound bars.

This sound bar will take your Home Cinema system to a new Dimension: let the vibrations rhythm your films with the sound of a true 5.1 loudspeaker.

My next tower speakers will be Focal.
        I have an SB26. It used to be in the den and is now in the bedroom. It works great. We have the JBL 5.1 bar in the den now.

They both sound really, really good compared to other soundbars I own (LG, Sony...) for the kids' rooms or elsewhere. The 5.1 version sounds better than a lot of true 5.1s I have listened to. That being said, it is in no way comparable to the setup in our game room with projector, JBL Northridge speakers, and the Jamo 500 sub. I had access to wire everything in the game room. I did not in the other rooms, and I couldn't beat the performance for price/effort of install. I am totally happy with them for what is 90% of my TV watching.

Comment

Originally posted by hxbernal View Post
          I have the same one and yeah it's pretty solid. I do have to keep a planter on the subwoofer or it moves around the room.

Comment

Working...
          X