Vince Young Steakhouse (Austin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Young Steakhouse (Austin)

Went and ate there with a group of friends this last weekend, I've never really been to high end steak houses besides Texas De Brazil and Reata if those can be considered high end.

My impression was the food was good, but I've cooked a steak just as good at home. I had what they call the "perfect 10" which was supposed to be Texas raised kobe style rib eye that came out closer to medium than the medium rare I ordered. With drinks and tip it ended up right at $100 a person. It left me wishing I had gone to fogo de chao across the street.

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    Went and ate there with a group of friends this last weekend, I've never really been to high end steak houses besides Texas De Brazil and Reata if those can be considered high end.

My impression was the food was good, but I've cooked a steak just as good at home. I had what they call the "perfect 10" which was supposed to be Texas raised kobe style rib eye that came out closer to medium than the medium rare I ordered. With drinks and tip it ended up right at $100 a person. It left me wishing I had gone to fogo de chao across the street.
    I've heard nothing but bad about the place. If it were anyone else's steakhouse, they would already be closed. He's surviving on his name alone.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post

The UT Vince Young? Shit. I hope that wasn't BEVO you were eating! LOL! J/K!

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I've heard nothing but bad about the place. If it were anyone else's steakhouse, they would already be closed. He's surviving on his name alone.
        We got there pretty late, around 9:30 and the place was practically dead. This was on a Friday night too. I think next time I'll try Eddie V's or Ruth Chris, both were within a couple blocks of the hotel.

Comment

I guess you guys haven't heard the news on him. He owed some loan agency millions so there recovered all of his assets minus $60k worth.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I guess you guys haven't heard the news on him. He owed some loan agency millions so there recovered all of his assets minus $60k worth.
            I highly doubt he has much of anything to do with the operation of the place, probably just lent his name for a price. We were actually giving my buddy that is a huge UT fan a hard time about it. They have a giant longhorn covered in pennys in the lobby, and we told him vince had better go cash it in at the bank lol.

Comment

Lol, I plan on going back to Austin in a couple months. I'll check it out and report back with how shitty it is. I often wonder what the opportunity is for me to step in and manage some of these guys' assets. Problem is they'd probably never pick credentials over street cred.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
              X