Wireless issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless issue

I've got an old Dell Studio 17 with a broadcom wireless card. Running Win7.

I have recently, in the last couple of days, had an issue with the wireless signal. Everything else in the house is working just fine, wireless related.

I have re-installed all drivers, restarted the entire network, no luck yet. I am able to restart the computer, get signal, and internet access for a couple of minutes and then everything drops out.

I have not tried to un install and reinstall the wireless adapter.

Is anyone aware of a known issue, or virus going around?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

I've had old/aging wireless adapters do that when they're failing. If nothing else is having connectivity problems, I'd say it's that adapter about to mess the bed.

Comment

I've got another one, I'll try swapping it out and see if that resolves the issue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I swapped wireless adapters just a bit ago and so far, so good. I had an identical model laptop that hasn't seen near as much use as mine that I have been robbing parts off of.

Looks like it is time to look into a new wireless adapter all together.

Comment

Good deal man. I had an old Acer do the same thing and I ended up with a USB wireless adapter.

Comment

I hate having things hanging off of the side of this thing. It is 17" so it takes up quite a bit of real estate in it stock format.

Are there decent internal wifi adapters? I just upgraded to a new router not long ago, so it would be nice to have an adapter that matches

Comment

Tbh, I don't know that you can buy "aftermarket" internal wireless adapters.

Comment

Working...
              X