Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
    My motivation started when I hit the lowest point in my life last December. December 23,2010 I weighed myself at a truckstop and it read 415lbs. I spent the next 2 months being depressed and angry that I had let myself go that badly. I've always been big but my perception of myself wasn't that bad. Well that changed. It took another 6 months for me to commit to doing something about it. On august 8th I weighed 391.8lbs. As of this morning I weighed 357.8lbs. I've gained a few lbs back here and there over some "cheat" weekends but I'm steadily heading the right direction. I will not rest until I am 225-235lbs. For reference I weighed that in 8th grade. Lol.
    Dude, I am more proud of you for sticking to it than you'd know!

holler at me if you're ready for the gym part
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
      Dude, I am more proud of you for sticking to it than you'd know!

holler at me if you're ready for the gym part
      Thanks Don. I'm going to join a gym this weekend.
      -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adam View Post
        My motivation started when I hit the lowest point in my life last December. December 23,2010 I weighed myself at a truckstop and it read 415lbs. I spent the next 2 months being depressed and angry that I had let myself go that badly. I've always been big but my perception of myself wasn't that bad. Well that changed. It took another 6 months for me to commit to doing something about it. On august 8th I weighed 391.8lbs. As of this morning I weighed 357.8lbs. I've gained a few lbs back here and there over some "cheat" weekends but I'm steadily heading the right direction. I will not rest until I am 225-235lbs. For reference I weighed that in 8th grade. Lol.
        Congrats Adam!! You're doing an amazing job bro. It's VERY difficult but sooo worth it! Stick to it and the results will follow. I'm very proud of you man. I can't believe that I was able to lose 90lbs myself. I never thought it was possible....but with the determination....I did it. Now I have gained some weight back since my 1 year anniversary. And I am now getting back on the wagon to lose the excess weight and then some. I want to weigh right at 200lbs. I am currently at 260lbs.

Comment

• Well I hit 50lbs lost today. I'm very happy with the way things are going. I'm in the gym 5-6 days a week now. Can't wait for the next 50 to disappear! I'm on my phone or I'd post my fat and not as fat pics haha. 8/8/11- 391.8lbs, 10/26/11 341.6lbs.
          -2013 Mustang gt.

Comment

• Congrats Adam! You're doing it!!!

I hit a milestone yesterday myself when I ran a full mile without stopping. I thought it'd take me longer to get there, but I think working on the eliptical for 6 months first really helped prepare me for jogging. It feels GREAT!

I'm down to 234lbs now, so down a total of 76lbs. Lovin it!

Keep it up!!

Comment

• Too late to start now?!

I am currently 116ish, up 3lbs from 113 after a week out of the gym and off diet onvacation in Mexico. Hoping to compete in bikini come Nov. 19 in ATX and again at Ronnie Coleman next April.

Comment

• Originally posted by dville_gt's girl View Post
                Too late to start now?!

I am currently 116ish, up 3lbs from 113 after a week out of the gym and off diet onvacation in Mexico. Hoping to compete in bikini come Nov. 19 in ATX and again at Ronnie Coleman next April.
                116? Seriously?

Dayum, you should post a pic in the NSFW "Chubby Girls need love too" thread!

You are about half of what I weigh. Unless you have no legs, I can't see how you could be upset with that weight.

Comment

• No joke
                  1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

• Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                    This depresses me to post this,but I am going to do so anyways...

Update:I had surgery on my hand a week ago(reconnecting the nerves that were lacerated), between March 8th - now: I have only lifted MAYBE 10 times at the gym because my hand was bothering me so much... I would just stick to abs,low body work outs and cardio...

Here's my back and arms now

Here it was on 3/8/09

F!
                    I will take one of each please!

Comment

• Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                      116? Seriously?

Dayum, you should post a pic in the NSFW "Chubby Girls need love too" thread!

You are about half of what I weigh. Unless you have no legs, I can't see how you could be upset with that weight.
                      Ha, I'm not upset about 116 on a maintenance level, I'd just like to be leaner to compete.

Comment

• Well, I may seem like a newb, but I'm a lurker, just don't post much.........pretty proud of my accomplishments weight wise, and seeing everyone made me want to share as well......

Started back in June.........at 254 pounds.....heaviest I've ever been.....cut out most fast food, all cokes/red bulls.......ate healtheir, albeit less.....probably haven't done it the healthiest way possible, but I wanted to get the weight off first......actually started jogging, haven't made it to the gym yet........took a month off, but back at it......

Anyway, I come in here to keep the motivation.......I want to be under 200, by the end of the year, for the first time since high school.........
                        Last edited by stock85; 02-16-2012, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by stock85 View Post
                          Well, I may seem like a newb, but I'm a lurker, just don't post much.........pretty proud of my accomplishments weight wise, and seeing everyone made me want to share as well......

Started back in June.........at 254 pounds.....heaviest I've ever been.....cut out most fast food, all cokes/red bulls.......ate healtheir, albeit less.....probably haven't done it the healthiest way possible, but I wanted to get the weight off first......actually started jogging, haven't made it to the gym yet........took a month off, but back at it......

Progress pics.........

First two are at my heaviest.........6' and 254..........yes the mirror is filthy!!

Don't really have any body shots.....the Batman shirt was my Father's Day gift from the kiddo........wear it with pride!! Down to 209 this morning.......

Anyway, I come in here to keep the motivation.......I want to be under 200, by the end of the year, for the first time since high school.........
                          Great progress! It will soon skyrocket when you start hitting the weights, best wishes

Comment

• Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
                            I'm still hanging in there, weighed in at 204lbs yesterday. Was hittin the gym almost everyday till this week, only worked out twice. I worked out a bit yesterday and will again today. Come on 185lbs!
                            Been a bit since I updated.

My weight is actually up to 210lbs currently, but definitely some changes though. I've added muscle and dropped a little bodyfat in the process. I'm stronger and alot of my clothes are now to big for me.

Still working on eating better and consistancy in the gym. Averaging about 3 days a week in the gym but want to increase to 5 days and maintain that.

I have my lazy moments but I won't give up, I will reach my goals!

Comment

• Well.. this is where I am now..not like I want but it's progress.. meh

As of right now- I weigh 116.6
                              -Sarah,I've yet to gain or lose LOL..but I guess that's okay

Good job everyone...stay motivated!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KoopaTroopa View Post
                                Well.. this is where I am now..not like I want but it's progress.. meh

As of right now- I weigh 116.6
                                -Sarah,I've yet to gain or lose LOL..but I guess that's okay

Good job everyone...stay motivated!!
                                Rachel you look great, quit downplaying your results. Set a goal, find the tools you need to achieve it, follow through and you will get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X