Motivation /Tracking Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
    Legs, sure legs will be good, let me start with those.

Look like Terri Schiavo trying to walk today.
    It's all downhill from here then, and it sounds like downhill is a good thing for you.

Comment

• Lol, if you're going to start, you'd might as well start.

You budgeting your trips to the shitter?
      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
        Lol, if you're going to start, you'd might as well start.

You budgeting your trips to the shitter?
        Dude. I leaned forward to wipe my ass and started doing a header into the fucking wall. I got nothing.

Comment

Dude. I leaned forward to wipe my ass and started doing a header into the fucking wall. I got nothing.
          Baaaaaaahahahahaha!

Comment

Lmao been there many times. Congrats on starting a routine.

Well I got lazy with the diet and put on a few pounds of slop so I'm sitting at 241 currently. I saw the problem and started to change things around and get it under control lol. I tweaked my right rotator 3 weeks back so my lifts have suffered and I've been staying away from certain movements and give myself a chance to heal up. Been doing a ton of stretching and have been taking it slow. So since I've been feeling like I'm not using my time effectively, I amped up the cardio once again. Hitting a minimum of 45 minutes each night with a mix of solid state and HIIT. Stamina is coming back so I can't complain. Much respect for the runners in the group. Most I've done is 4 miles and my body hurt for a week....but I'm a fatass. Keep up the good work fellas!
            2019 ram 4x4.....no toys currently

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              To convince me otherwise would require a free body diagram and actual science.
              Here's some sciency shit that may explain things. I don't know how true it is. I was only able to watch about the first minute before being bored out of my mind. Love the shirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Here's some sciency shit that may explain things. I don't know how true it is. I was only able to watch about the first minute before being bored out of my mind. Love the shirt.

Lol...I'm not gonna finish that video, but its proving the exact opposite of shoes being too thick.

1) he admits he couldn't even solve simple law of cosines problems. That means he already doesn't know what the hell he's doing.

2) he's actually saying a thicker heel is better than a flat show.

3) this guy seems like quite a dbag just by the way hes acting, and a stupid one at that.

Comment

• As initially stated those who are serious and compete in PL either use slippers or socks. Must be beyond our realm of understanding.

Down to 235 from 275 from around three years ago. It's been a longass battle.

Last edited by stangin4lyfe; 03-31-2015, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• 40lb loss...great job!!!
                    Did you clean up your eating or what did you do to lose the weight?

Please keep it somewhat clean in here folks.

Comment

As initially stated those who are serious and compete in PL either use slippers or socks. Must be beyond our realm of understanding.

Down to 235 from 275 from around three years ago. It's been a longass battle.

Lol maybe beyond your realm of understanding...so don't throw "our" in their. You just posted a video supporting the opposite of slippers and socks. And none of the PL meets I competed in had anyone wearing socks or slippers. Chucks, skate shoes, Olympic style shoes...sure. There is no 1 optimum shoe, but my point was and always has been that there is no problem with strychs shoes. So stop confusing yourself.

And props on the 40 lbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
                        40lb loss...great job!!!
                        Did you clean up your eating or what did you do to lose the weight?
                        Thanks. Counting calories mostly. For the last month I've started eating more fish, yams, egg whites and nuts. Small and frequent meals and trying to keep the protein/carb/fat ratio under control. I've been able to do this without losing a significant amount of strength which is an added bonus.
                        Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                        ... but my point was and always has been that there is no problem with strychs shoes. So stop confusing yourself.
                        Thank you. Well, those I know who compete in PL'ing state running shoes like that are no good for stability, and there is testimony from those stating they can lift more by going socks/barefoot or using a slipper for DL'ing. I tend to believe them over you especially since I've seen them train and compete. I've seen you just type words. As far as the video goes, I have no idea the dude's point. You said you wanted science, saw this vid and posted it just for you.

Comment

• Toe shoes were just the beginning. Shoe manufacturers are creating a wide range of new minimalist models with strength training and athletics in mind. But do they have anything to offer you in the gym?

It might not have the math you want but it does make some beneficial claims in support of barefoot/minimalist training and why minimalist shoes are becoming more popular. Whatever though.

It refers to the Nike Frees as being a minimalist shoe...I wouldn't agree.

Oh yeah, and congrats also on the weight-loss!
                          "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

• Before y'all go around correcting lifting habits, you should understand the difference between preference/opinion and scientific fact. Especially when correcting people in better shape or with more experience than you. This is along the same lines as to why cross fitters get such a bad rep. The belief that your way is the one and only way is ignorant.

Both of the bits of "proof" posted don't have any true backing, yet they both claim they used real data and are correct. But they're arguing different sides of the battle. Furthermore, the Nike frees I've tried have a fair amount of cushion so they would violate your own argument JD. Shoes have no one optimum for anyone in any fitness event because of different anatomies and forms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Before y'all go around correcting lifting habits, you should understand the difference between preference/opinion and scientific fact.
                              Ah, the svo of PL'ing I take it? Two of those I've referenced have lifted and competed for the last 30 years. Whatever though. If you were to compete these days you'd be the only one in running shoes on the platform. I'm sure they all are doing so based on "preference/opinion."

Comment

Ah, the svo of PL'ing I take it? Two of those I've referenced have lifted and competed for the last 30 years. Whatever though. If you were to compete these days you'd be the only one in running shoes on the platform. I'm sure they all are doing so based on "preference/opinion."
                                Enough with the attempted personal attacks dude...you are way too old to argue like that. Youre contributing nothing of substence to the debate over shoes for lifting. And you just posted proof that I am in much better shape than you. With all the contradicting data you've posted...you also made it clear you don't even know what you're talking about with respect to shoes for lifting.

I competed for a little over 2 years, and used skate shoes or chucks. Thats because they stay flat even if my feet rock a little inside them. I normally lifted in running shoes with no detriment.

How many years of hearsay was it you said you had?

Comment

Working...
                                X