That thing ain't stock, is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That thing ain't stock, is it?

So I try to drive my two Corvettes once a week as routine maintenance to keep things from rotting and going caput. I drive them long enough to get things up to temperature and of course I enjoy owning a high performance automobile. I have a business trip coming up and know no one drives the ZR-1 while I'm out of town. My wife will drive our C3, but not the beast.... so I get home from work and ask my son if he wants to go for a ride.

So we are out tooling about chatting, and this Mustang comes out of no where and starts making a lot of noise. I'm glad we had made it down to Mexico by this time, because it's not legal in the US. My son says I think he wants to race. So being in a kind mood, I kindly downshift to 3rd and press the throttle pedal and off we go slowly pulling away from the Mustang. I guess he thought he had found a normal C4 to mess with..... ooops. Anyway he pulls up along side after we've both slowed down and rolls down his window. I roll mine down too and he inquires, "that thing isn't stock, is it?" My reply was yes it's stock. He yells, "WHATEVER" and then drives off in a huff. I and my son both started laughing pretty hard.

Okay I have a Borla exhaust and a computer tune..... It's about as stock as a ZR-1 comes. Imagine the look on his face if I had headers and porting or a stroker. He'd have soiled his self.

That's kind of the joy of owning a ZR-1. Most people just don't know what they are. The sad part is that if I had been in a really racy mood, we were going slow enough I could've grabbed 2nd gear, but I didn't see any real reason to risk having the rear end step out on me and having to pedal and correct steering since we weren't actually racing.

What kind of mustang was it, that's the most important detail.

Comment

Not a very fast one. It was an '05-'10 GT. Like I said I just put it in 3rd and rolled into it slowly. If it'd have been a GT350R or Shelby or even an '11 plus I'm sure it'd have been different. I owned a '13 for over a year and know how they run.

Comment

if i see that peekaboo window on the hood i leave it alone

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
          if i see that peekaboo window on the hood i leave it alone
          Wrong ZR 1.

Look for the extra gap in the reverse lights as he pulls away from you.
          Originally posted by PGreenCobra
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          Originally posted by Trip McNeely
          Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
          dont downshift!!
          Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Comment

Where's Lundsted when I need him?

Comment

Working...
              X