Question about Jesus Christ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Jesus Christ?

Another thread got me thinking.....When was Jesus Christ really born?

I've have heard from a few church folks and non church folks that he was not born on 12/25....discuss....
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

awww chet!!!
      Originally posted by Da Prez
      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Exact date unknown. It's believed he was born in between early spring and late fall. December 25th is 100% based on a pagan tradition.
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Something I saw on the History channel once said that the date was actually Dec 21rst, but it was "moved" to the 25 for so that the catholic church could use it to sort of overshadow, or gloss over, a pagan holiday that was on that date. Basically the Catholic church was trying to sort of use that technique to kinda convert/weed out the pagans. Don't know how much of that is true, just something I saw on TV one day.

Comment

100% lol

Comment

Originally posted by StanleyTweedle View Post
              Something I saw on the History channel once said that the date was actually Dec 21rst, but it was "moved" to the 25 for so that the catholic church could use it to sort of overshadow, or gloss over, a pagan holiday that was on that date. Basically the Catholic church was trying to sort of use that technique to kinda convert/weed out the pagans. Don't know how much of that is true, just something I saw on TV one day.

This is the funniest fucking thing I have ever read. lmgdao @ 21rst.

Comment

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                  100% lol
                  The giving of gifts, trees, stockings, santa. Jesus has nothing to do with the 25th of December.

Comment

Somewhere between 1 BC and 1 AD

Comment

fuck yhou

Comment

Watch the History Channel...there's always shit about the Bible on there, especially this time of year. Very enlightening. I'm fascinated by the fact that the Catholic church basically put what they wanted to in the Bible and then made up different rules as they went along depending on what was better for the church at any given time!

My oldest bro has a masters in theology, but can't seem to explain it to me in a satisfactory manner either. So, I watch and read about it to satisfy my own curiosity. You'd probably be better off doing that too instead of relying on this bunch to teach you! lol
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          This is the funniest fucking thing I have ever read. lmgdao @ 21rst.
                          Heh... almost got me laughing now. But I have to ask.. what's so funny about the 21st? Is that also some random pagan holiday or something?

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                          Watch the History Channel...there's always shit about the Bible on there, especially this time of year. Very enlightening. I'm fascinated by the fact that the Catholic church basically put what they wanted to in the Bible and then made up different rules as they went along depending on what was better for the church at any given time!

My oldest bro has a masters in theology, but can't seem to explain it to me in a satisfactory manner either. So, I watch and read about it to satisfy my own curiosity. You'd probably be better off doing that too instead of relying on this bunch to teach you! lol
                          Yeah I never understood that whole thing either. If they are just going to make up their own rules as they go along, what the hell is the whole point? Its kind of like the US constitution. Why bother even having it if the government is just going to walk all over it anyway?

Comment

"Christmas" was a Pagan holiday that the Christians hijacked and "made" it Jesus' birthday so the Pagans would have no choice but to inadvertantly celebrate something in regards to Jesus. Just another way Christians pushed their beliefs upon those who didn't care. And FWIW, I have also heard that Jesus was, in fact, born sometime in the spring. If that is correct...it's no wonder Jesus hasn't come back...we can't even get his fucking birthday right!
                            "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post

I always kinda chuckle on the inside when somebody tells me they have or they're working on a degree in theology. It's like having a degree in fiction novels.

Comment

Working...
                              X