We're getting some Lego Love: New Mustang, Raptor, Model A, Camaros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're getting some Lego Love: New Mustang, Raptor, Model A, Camaros

The Speed Champions line came out this year. I got the Porsche 918 and LaFerrari, and they're pretty fun. They just released the lineup for 2016 and the domestics are represented.

Since I'm a giant 9 year old, I'll be getting some of these too.

I wish they'd make a classic Mustang like they did the Camaro, but I like my version better anyway:

Comment

Hell yea! My buddy has the VW bus and it is wicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
        Hell yea! My buddy has the VW bus and it is wicked.
        Yeah, that thing is bad ass, as is the Mini. These are on a small minifig scale, so they're not as detailed.

I actually modded the LaFerrari and 918 to be two studs wider. I didn't like that the driver sat centered in the car.

My mods:

"stock":

Comment

Guess it is just part of us to mod everything lol. It trips me out all you can do with leggos. I want the death star but it is damned pricey.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
            Guess it is just part of us to mod everything lol. It trips me out all you can do with leggos. I want the death star but it is damned pricey.
            Yeah it is. Really cool though. It's a fun hobby, and even though it's pricey as toys go, it's relatively affordable compared to guns and cars, lol.

My daughter and I have had a ton of fun playing with Lego. Making some great memories there. Hopefully she'll keep playing with her old man even when she's older and too cool for school. I won't hold my breath though.

Comment

Yea way cheaper that other hobbies and like you said great for making memories with the kiddos. Most people boys and girls alike that I know never lose the leggo bug so hopefully she keeps hanging with her old man.

Comment

I've got the VW bus and Unimog, fun as hell to build, but both have sat in the closet ever since.

Comment

I have this one and my boy loves to drive it around and make the body spin. Hasn't quite gotten the controls for the boom arm down yet.

G'Day Mate

Comment

Must
                    resist
                    the
                    crazy glue

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                      I've got the VW bus and Unimog, fun as hell to build, but both have sat in the closet ever since.
                      Display it man. It's fun to look at and people really respond to it. I have the Ghostbusters and Ecto 1 on my desk at work and people love to look at it and mess with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                        Display it man. It's fun to look at and people really respond to it. I have the Ghostbusters and Ecto 1 on my desk at work and people love to look at it and mess with it.

I have that set and my little green lego army men on the shelf under my TV, along with Marty, Doc Brown and the DeLorean.
                        G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                          I have that set and my little green lego army men on the shelf under my TV, along with Marty, Doc Brown and the DeLorean.
                          Ah, I want the time machine pretty bad. They've been doing great the last few years with hitting some big licenses like that. Both Ecto1 and the time machine came out of Lego Ideas. It's a system where fans build something and submit it for votes. If it get's over 10,000, Lego reviews it and considers it for production.

For example, check this one out. It's under review, so there's a possibility it could get made:

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                            Ah, I want the time machine pretty bad. They've been doing great the last few years with hitting some big licenses like that. Both Ecto1 and the time machine came out of Lego Ideas. It's a system where fans build something and submit it for votes. If it get's over 10,000, Lego reviews it and considers it for production.

For example, check this one out. It's under review, so there's a possibility it could get made:

I'll buy three of those motherfuckers.

This is what is on my Christmas list this year...

G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Must
                              resist
                              the
                              crazy glue
                              Wait, do you mean the Kragle?

Comment

Working...
                              X