No announcement yet.

Appendicitis SUCKS!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also didn't mean to sound insensitive about your loss, losing your dog through all of this sucks..
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
      I also didn't mean to sound insensitive about your loss, losing your dog through all of this sucks..
      Agreed. To be hit with both at the same time... well I don't know how I would have handled it.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog, Ram!

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
          The results came back today from the 2nd catscan and he said there is no infection and that I'm just very sore from them having to cut into my stomach muscles. He said it will get better over time.
          When they did exploratory surgery on me, they put a 4" vertical cut right through the middle of my bellybutton. Just trying to muster a fart was like pure torture, and I flat out willed myself to not sneeze.

Took about a month to get back to normal activity levels, and about 2 years before it stopped hurting when I sneeze.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            When they did exploratory surgery on me, they put a 4" vertical cut right through the middle of my bellybutton. Just trying to muster a fart was like pure torture, and I flat out willed myself to not sneeze.

Took about a month to get back to normal activity levels, and about 2 years before it stopped hurting when I sneeze.
            Fuck I hope that isnt the case with me. Its funny I feel like I was doing better about 2 weeks ago than now...I can tell its getting better but the muscle tissue they cut thru is beginning to heal and the area is getting tight..feels like when I tore a ligament skiing a few years ago. Certain movements just hurt like hell. Sneezing and coughing are my worst pain by far and Im learning how to deal with them.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              Fuck I hope that isnt the case with me. Its funny I feel like I was doing better about 2 weeks ago than now...I can tell its getting better but the muscle tissue they cut thru is beginning to heal and the area is getting tight..feels like when I tore a ligament skiing a few years ago. Certain movements just hurt like hell. Sneezing and coughing are my worst pain by far and Im learning how to deal with them.
              It's not like every sneeze would hurt, just one out of 10 would feel like someone just pinched the living shit out of me. I was back playing tennis at full speed after a month.

Comment

Glad you got it taken care of.

I had a meal of Jamaican Jerk Chicken and saw the Blair Witch Project in the theater. My stomach was turning that night and I had nightmares with that movie. Next day, stomach turned all day and I couldn't get to sleep. Told the wife time for the ER. They scan me and did the surgery right after. I ended up in the hospital for a week as I had to go back under for an exploratory surgery looking for a vessel that didn't seal. I was bleeding out from the inside.

Quick tip for those that haven't had appendicitis. You'll feel the pains of upset stomachs, etc, but the key thing is the pain is BELOW the navel, lower right.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Working...
                X