• Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post

LMAO!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        Where do you live? I might want to help with that install.

I’m up in Anna

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
          I’m up in Anna

oh jesus. that's an hour from me.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            oh jesus. that's an hour from me.

Hahaha everyone is usually an hour from me.

Comment

• Originally posted by jtotin View Post
              I’m up in Anna

I'm sorry about your Northbound 75 exit. I flip it off every day when I drive home.

Comment

• Originally posted by BradM View Post
                I'm sorry about your Northbound 75 exit. I flip it off every day when I drive home.
                Lol 75 north is a wreck especially up towards that way. Luckily I pass all the major exits to get to the house and I take a back way.

Comment

• Having the pinion offset is not a deal breaker. Millions of Ford trucks are on the road with a factory offset pinion. It's all about maintaining parallel input / output angles throughout the driveline (I won't get into it here).

But in a Mustang, you would probably have a very real issue with the driveshaft not fitting in the driveshaft tunnel of the floor with the pinion off to one side instead of the center.
                  When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

• Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    But in a Mustang, you would probably have a very real issue with the driveshaft not fitting in the driveshaft tunnel of the floor with the pinion off to one side instead of the center.
                    Some need to clearance the floor pan a touch with a BFH, others seem to clear just fine. Either way, it is apparently do-able.

Comment

• Took some pics of underneath of the rear. The sheet metal looks pretty good. Lots of surface rust., leaf springs are nice and rusty, but they’ll all be replaced. I’m gonna try and go pick up the floor support rails tomorrow and both of the torque boxes.

Comment

• Guy dropped all of this off last night. Gotta do some good cleaning and re-painting. I think I’m gonna be powdercoating the calipers and brackets instead of doing regular paint.

Comment

• To get rid of the surface rust, here is something that looks good (KRUD KUTTER). I haven't tried it yet, but here is a good comparison test of it and competitive products.

Comment

• Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                            To get rid of the surface rust, here is something that looks good (KRUD KUTTER). I haven't tried it yet, but here is a good comparison test of it and competitive products.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Damn. Wish I had known about that when I was doing the roof on the car. I used the naval jelly, and more and more and more and more. Probably went through 10 bottles lol.
                            It worked , but man the legwork was something.

Comment

• Ordered the AJE stuff. Man I hate spending large amounts of money hahah.

Comment

• Calipers put in the parts washer today for some hours. Still gonna have to sand blast them. Got the differential degreased. Really thinking about spending the money and powdercoating the diff. It’s so inexpensive at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X