$2000-$2500 car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $2000-$2500 car

Anyone know of one out there? One that most likely won't fall apart for at least a year or so?

I know a guy needs a hand up and deserves it.

He is riding the bus going to school and working and it's a tall order. Needs some wheels..

Fort Worth area.....

tagged you on the book of faces.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Let's face it, I will go look on the book.

Comment

Chevrolet Cavaliers and Chevrolet Cobalts. They all run off the 2.2 or 2.4 Ecotec and mine is creeping closer every day to 200,000 miles.

Sure they are ugly and near torturous to drive, but are incredibly reliable and incredibly cheap to repair/maintain.

$2600 - https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...826222737.html

$2200 - https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...819784264.html

$1800 - https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/ct...827959069.html

Other than that go Japanese, be wary of Toyota Corollas from 1998 up and Camrys 2005-2009 as they had oil consumption issues due to oil drain holes not being large enough on the rings.

Also mid 2000's Honda Civics auto transmissions blow up, manuals are great.

Comment

I just R&R’d a 2.2L and did new timing and balance chains in a 2008 Cobalt. Really easy cars to work on. We figured out two things, only use OEM sensors and also, all of the factory exhaust manifolds we saw were cracked and needed to be welded. Probably a flaw in the casting. Other than that, decent cars.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Man if he can swing $3000 I have a nice one owner Deville with 93k

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
              If he doesn’t shoot me details I need a daily. Will message you my number.

Comment

I think my son in law will be selling his Honda Civic for around the 2500 mark. I can get some details if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopped54 View Post
                  That's a good looking car...as were most of the Northstar Caddy's....but I would be wary of calling the 4.6 Northstar reliable as most of them are notoriously UNRELIABLE and very expensive to work on when they break.

Comment

Alright let me catch up with him and see what he thinks. I am kinda mentoring the guy and I even don't mind pitching in a few bucks to get him going with the thing but I do not want to saddle him with something that's going to give him trouble or add expenses..

Thanks much for the replies!

Comment

The Caddy sold this afternoon, let me see what I can come up with in that range...

Comment

That Caddy is a nice ride for sure but exactly the car he should stay away from at this point. Been there, done that. Not reliable at all and expensive to keep rolling, even doing your own work. It is probably a blessing that it is no longer available.

Comment

Alright... yes the Caddy would have been a gas guzzler and maybe problematic.

Thanks again!

Comment

Manual civic all day.
                            2006 Civic SI
                            2009 Pilot
                            1988 GT
                            CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                              That Caddy is a nice ride for sure but exactly the car he should stay away from at this point. Been there, done that. Not reliable at all and expensive to keep rolling, even doing your own work. It is probably a blessing that it is no longer available.
                              You obviously don't watch The Grand Tour. It's one of the most reliable luxury cars you can buy in China.

Comment

Working...
                              X