DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Home Improvement and Media

Home Improvement and Media Post up any home improvement, home audio, gardening, anything related to your house in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #21
zemog
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,214
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceyko View Post
What specific model did you buy? I know a few folks with the commercial type JDs with no issues. They paid a price for them, but they have 0 issues mowing in anything but rocks. Once guy tore up bat weights and other solid materials with little no impact to the mower itself.
It was a commercial mowed 60" deck etc . Don't have model number , mower was over 10k and that was probably 6-8 years ago
zemog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:31 PM   #22
zemog
Lifer
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,214
Default

I actually bought this one to see how it compared to my toro commercial zero turns. Today I would buy a gravely though over anything else
zemog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #23
Chas_svo
86 SVO 344rwhp 'n gaining
VIP Member
 
Chas_svo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Driving the car that just passed you...
Posts: 4,119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
Went to my local dealer at lunch and checked out a hustler raptor limited. They are running them at $31XX, free delivery, and 0%. Any reason not to do that?
Acreage on new place?

I'm still looking.
__________________
13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Daily
86 SVO
'03 F150 supercrew
01 TJ - new toy (gone)
65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold, 3/21/13
Chas_svo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:55 PM   #24
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 7,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
Went to my local dealer at lunch and checked out a hustler raptor limited. They are running them at $31XX, free delivery, and 0%. Any reason not to do that?
I looked it up and not really a fan. Look at how the deck connects and look at the gear boxes. Go to the mower place on business 287 in Hachie and eyeball the Gravely. Not the bottom line Gravley the mid priced. You might be out another 5-700. Don't get me wrong that one may last you a while. Plus you're not exactly mowing any crazy land mass with lots of terrain variations. My buddy has a cub cadet and it has served him well, mowing around his house, and even his six acres at one time. That Hustler looks built better than his.
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:12 AM   #25
ceyko
Lifer
 
ceyko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 18,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemog View Post
It was a commercial mowed 60" deck etc . Don't have model number , mower was over 10k and that was probably 6-8 years ago
Ya, you know how that goes...sometimes things just don't work out. That's a lot of cheddar for a mower too.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR EDD View Post
U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.
ceyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 08:10 AM   #26
Baron Von Crowder
asshole with an opinion
VIP Member
 
Baron Von Crowder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Venus
Posts: 23,230
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chas_svo View Post
Acreage on new place?

I'm still looking.
1 acre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingjason View Post
I looked it up and not really a fan. Look at how the deck connects and look at the gear boxes. Go to the mower place on business 287 in Hachie and eyeball the Gravely. Not the bottom line Gravley the mid priced. You might be out another 5-700. Don't get me wrong that one may last you a while. Plus you're not exactly mowing any crazy land mass with lots of terrain variations. My buddy has a cub cadet and it has served him well, mowing around his house, and even his six acres at one time. That Hustler looks built better than his.
it's a grand more. Not sure I can stomach that, I dropped 25k on the shop build monday...
__________________
"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford
Baron Von Crowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 11:53 AM   #27
kingjason
Notorious PIG
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Down South
Posts: 7,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
1 acre.



it's a grand more. Not sure I can stomach that, I dropped 25k on the shop build monday...
I am sure the Hustler will be fine. Get a 48 if it is cheaper. That's what I have and 30 to 45 minutes max to mow mine, it just fits in places better.
__________________
Whos your Daddy?
kingjason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 10:24 PM   #28
Blackpony
.....
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Van Alstyne, Tx
Posts: 2,020
Default

Update on this, I ended up with a scag liberty z 52" deck with the kohler 24 hp engine. They thing is a beast!! I have 2.33 acres, and can mow it in just over an hour with a really nice finish!! Spent a bit more then I wanted to but with it having a 5 year warranty, it fit the bill. I expect this thing to last me forever.
Blackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 03:52 AM   #29
Mike K
Lifer
 
Mike K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sachse, TX
Posts: 1,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpony View Post
Update on this, I ended up with a scag liberty z 52" deck with the kohler 24 hp engine. They thing is a beast!! I have 2.33 acres, and can mow it in just over an hour with a really nice finish!! Spent a bit more then I wanted to but with it having a 5 year warranty, it fit the bill. I expect this thing to last me forever.
Pictures?
Mike K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:56 AM   #30
Blackpony
.....
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Van Alstyne, Tx
Posts: 2,020
Default

For some reason it won't let me attach pictures from my phone. I'll try later when I get to a computer.
Blackpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
lets not

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.