DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > Pumpin' Iron

Pumpin' Iron Forum for any kind of work out discussions.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:20 PM   #1341
SS Junk
Lifer

Running is not for me. Messed up my MCL. My brother-in-law is a marathon runner and thinks the reason is due to heal strikes. I had no idea WTF that was until I looked it up and sure enough I could see my feet way ahead of me when I would run. Bad juju for a 240lb fat fuck. Didn't realize there was technique to running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big A View Post
I hit a milestone over the weekend,
You ever having issues with the leg you broke?
SS Junk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:29 PM   #1342
Big A
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Junk View Post
You ever having issues with the leg you broke?
Not in regards to training or cardio, but I do the elliptical because of the lower impact to the knees and such. I have run plenty in the past though, and didn't have any problems with the broken leg, even as a 255lb fat fuck.

What's killing me these past few years is my lower back, it's constantly at some level of sore, and I haven't done squats or leg sled in a while. It's worse after working around the house all weekend than it ever was after leg day.
Big A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #1343
SS Junk
Lifer

Do you dead lift?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:00 PM   #1344
Big A
Lifer

Not anymore, heavy squats and deadlifts used to be a staple, but I've stopped them completely as not to do any further damage. I'm stuck doing extra sets of relatively light extensions and curls.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #1345
SS Junk
Lifer

You don't think doing them for reps instead of weight would help?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:05 PM   #1346
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

I found good mornings and straight leg deadlifts helped my lower back pains go away when doing squats and regular deadlifts.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #1347
Big A
Lifer

It very well may be an issue of weak supporting muscles, but I've honestly not been wanting to push anything lately with those movements, thinking it's something more permanent. The other side of the coin is that I know what I'm able to do to keep up strength, but then again, what's that worth if my core is being neglected almost completely.

I've spent several decades in one frame of mind (get big and strong), and it's hard to think away for that. Even my dieting plan is in line with that, it's hard to let go, until the body forces it, as apparently it has.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:09 PM   #1348
R1psycho
Scrubbing bloodstains

Currently I'm sitting at 237, slowly leaning out and getting more vascular. Still chasing my beginning of year goals. I haven't had the desire to go heavier than 500 on deads, bench is coming along, still far away from my goal by year end. Just been progressing slowly to avoid injury.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:05 AM   #1349
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Had a yearly physical today at the hospital in Dubai. The doc was extremely pleased with my transformation. We have to include a copy of our passport and he looked at it, then me, then the photo again, and didn't believe it was the same person. That photo was Dec 2015 and I was 220. Today I scaled in at 179 dressed which put my BMI at 27.5. Which even he said is a terrible measure of health since it was clear that I am carrying more muscle than that BMI which calls me "pre obese" indicates.

BP was great for me. 123/78. But my ECG shows an "slight inversion in T1" but I had the same thing going on last year at my pre deployment physical. He said since I am on a statin and BP med he wasn't gonna worry about it and signed me off as fit for duty.

Just have to wait for the blood work to come back. Fucks took 11 vials of blood today. Hopefully my cholesterol and reds are in check enough to pass.

Also ran into a coworker who I haven't seen since last July. He couldn't believe I was the same person.

Tomorrow starts day 1 of this R&R and I have no desire to take a day off from the gym. Got to keep this trend going. I even got a decent workout yesterday in the hotel gym.

Hopefully everyone else is still at it.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:10 AM   #1350
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1psycho View Post
Currently I'm sitting at 237, slowly leaning out and getting more vascular. Still chasing my beginning of year goals. I haven't had the desire to go heavier than 500 on deads, bench is coming along, still far away from my goal by year end. Just been progressing slowly to avoid injury.
Way to go. I saw a huge increase in leaning out when I cut out carbs, simple sugars, and fruits. Switched to a more ketogenic style of eating but not full keto. Took about 2 weeks but suddenly I could tell a huge difference in the mirror and the way my clothes fit and my veins started popping out of my arms.

That along with 50 to 100yrd sprints for cardio and intermittent fasting. 7 hours to eat and 17 hours of fast a day.

There is no way I could even budge 500 off the floor on a deadlift. lol But I am able to get 2 reps of 225 on the bench which is a huge milestone for me.

I was injury free for most of this year until 2 weeks ago and I pulled a hamstring pretty badly.
Old 07-13-2017, 08:53 AM   #1351
GeorgeG.
Lifer

I started my keto diet this week. I'm hoping to do this for a couple of months. Usually I can get in the groove of eating keto friendly but this time around it's been challenging. I went to the gym Tuesday and was either lacking sleep or lacking energy cause my dumbbell press results were garbage. I was barely able to bench 85 lb dumbbells for 5 reps and then 3 reps. This was after a set of 7x65's and a set of 7x75's.

I'm hoping it's just because I'm in that phase where my body is still expecting carbs for energy and it just hasn't learned to use fat for energy although I know I'm lacking in the sleep department.

I want to throw more cardio in there to help with the fat loss but I don't want to sacrifice my strength gains. It sucks having to start over at a lower set/weight and work my way up again.

Last edited by GeorgeG.; 07-13-2017 at 09:24 AM.
GeorgeG. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:14 AM   #1352
R1psycho
Scrubbing bloodstains

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBScobravert View Post
Way to go. I saw a huge increase in leaning out when I cut out carbs, simple sugars, and fruits. Switched to a more ketogenic style of eating but not full keto. Took about 2 weeks but suddenly I could tell a huge difference in the mirror and the way my clothes fit and my veins started popping out of my arms.

That along with 50 to 100yrd sprints for cardio and intermittent fasting. 7 hours to eat and 17 hours of fast a day.

There is no way I could even budge 500 off the floor on a deadlift. lol But I am able to get 2 reps of 225 on the bench which is a huge milestone for me.

I was injury free for most of this year until 2 weeks ago and I pulled a hamstring pretty badly.
I don't have the will power to do keto fully. Most I've been able to do was about 72 hours and then it went to hell. I just basically cut down from eating 6 meals a day to only 3 now. Just keeping it clean as possible with a cheat every other week. Did 500 for an easy triple earlier in the week and felt solid so I'm going to add and see where I'm at this week coming up. I know the struggle as far as bench goes. I was stuck on 225 forever and worked on my technique and now I can throw it up for 25 or so reps depending on how I'm feeling. 315 still kicks my ass. Most I've gotten on it is 5 reps and when I went for the 6th, my spotter saved me lol. I'm not too worried as far as my progress speed as long as I can see and feel halfway decent. I'm a pretty good sized guy and already get plenty of stares with some of my shenanigans. Injuries will happen you just have to learn to trust yourself. I currently have a tweaked right wrist so pushing movements don't feel that great right now. Right knee feels shaky and gave me fits last night doing squats so it's time to drop weight and make sure I'm doing everything the correct way. I have been busting my ass on core and working on abs. I can see my top 4 now, but won't see anything lower due to the excessive skin I have from my morbidly obese days. Keep on grinding Keith.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:43 PM   #1353
R1psycho
Scrubbing bloodstains

https://instagram.com/p/BXmXiCyhHNd/
Not 550, but pretty close. I'm sitting at 231 currently and nursing a knee issue that I got last week while doing squats. Wasn't even under the bar when it happened sadly. Stability is touch and go so I was stoked I could even do deads tonight.
https://instagram.com/p/BWl1O0Th_tR/
Still progressing and doing my thing. Need a tan for sure, since I work overnights I'm damn near transparent.

Last edited by R1psycho; 08-09-2017 at 11:50 PM.
R1psycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 05:10 AM   #1354
KBScobravert
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1psycho View Post
https://instagram.com/p/BXmXiCyhHNd/
Not 550, but pretty close. I'm sitting at 231 currently and nursing a knee issue that I got last week while doing squats. Wasn't even under the bar when it happened sadly. Stability is touch and go so I was stoked I could even do deads tonight.
https://instagram.com/p/BWl1O0Th_tR/
Still progressing and doing my thing. Need a tan for sure, since I work overnights I'm damn near transparent.
Good job. I'd like to pull 405. I've done 375 for a rep and I think I could have gone higher but I don't need anymore injuries. 325 for 5 and a few sets is where I top out at on deadlift routines.

I haven't touched weights in 2 weeks or more. I got back to my base Sunday but immediately hit with sinus and upper respiratory infection. Nearing the end of it today and should be back in the gym in 2 days.

These next 10 weeks I'm pouring in the calories and upping my protein intake. hopefully I can put some clean mass on then spend another 8 weeks trimming down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 08-14-2017, 02:41 AM   #1355
SMKR
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeG. View Post
I started my keto diet this week. I'm hoping to do this for a couple of months. Usually I can get in the groove of eating keto friendly but this time around it's been challenging. I went to the gym Tuesday and was either lacking sleep or lacking energy cause my dumbbell press results were garbage. I was barely able to bench 85 lb dumbbells for 5 reps and then 3 reps. This was after a set of 7x65's and a set of 7x75's.

I'm hoping it's just because I'm in that phase where my body is still expecting carbs for energy and it just hasn't learned to use fat for energy although I know I'm lacking in the sleep department.

I want to throw more cardio in there to help with the fat loss but I don't want to sacrifice my strength gains. It sucks having to start over at a lower set/weight and work my way up again.
You can do it. I started Keto on June 24th, weighed in at 267. Saturday morning I weighed in at 229. Feel 10x better. My goal is 200.

Last edited by SMKR; 08-14-2017 at 01:26 PM.
SMKR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boats > racks, gasser dyel?, i refuse to beleaf, naynay 4 sucking on cock, naynay dicksucking faggot, naynay take all 12inches