Rangers 2020!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Looks like the ballpark has already said fuck this season.
    I wonder how far behind that put the build schedule?

Comment

They had to sign Kluber to distract us from half the stadium being burnt down

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
        They had to sign Kluber to distract us from half the stadium being burnt down
        I don't mind the trade if he can be the pitcher he was from 2014-2018. Losing Deshields hurts, but mainly for me because we traded away Nomar Mazara for basically nothing. If Jordan Lyles can replicate what he did at the end of 2019. With a 7-1 Record and a 2.5 ERA. Like where the starting rotation could be.

Rumor though is the Rangers are calling about Nolan Arenado from the Rockies. Who's basically the best 3B in baseball. Numbers are basically what Adrian Beltre produced. Question is what will it cost. Has a massive contract left which is $260 Million until 2027. Which would be the same amount the Rangers would've paid for Anthony Rendon.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Numbers in CO do not equal numbers in TX. And losing Mazara that way is vintage Daniels’ stupid.

Comment

Daniels was cocaine stupid for that trade.

If the Rangers can make a deal that the Yankees did for A-Rod then it works. Yea it'll still have Arenado being paid $35 Million a year. However the Rangers could only be on the tab for 2/3rd or even a 3/4ths of that contract per year. Basically $26 Million a year.
            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Its a money game.

They knew they would have butts in the seats for the last year of old stadium.

People will spend the money next two years to go to new stadium regardless of baseball quality.

Why spend money on players when you don't have to. Cokes, Beer and Dogs are already guaranteed sold.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

If last year's rotation would have had another arm and Gallo hasn't gotten hurt they had a chance, a small one but we're doing well over what was expected. I think they will have a chance to compete for the west this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                  If last year's rotation would have had another arm and Gallo hasn't gotten hurt they had a chance, a small one but we're doing well over what was expected. I think they will have a chance to compete for the west this year.
                  Going 0-9 in Houston (caught cheating) didn't help matters either.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                    Going 0-9 in Houston (caught cheating) didn't help matters either.
                    They also lost Cole and probably going to lose Chirinos to free agency.

Outside of Minor and Lynn the next best ERA for a starting pitcher was Kolby Allard with like a 4.9.
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                      They also lost Cole and probably going to lose Chirinos to free agency.

Outside of Minor and Lynn the next best ERA for a starting pitcher was Kolby Allard with like a 4.9.
                      Yep to Chirinos! https://www.mlb.com/news/robinson-chirinos-rangers-deal

We're also talking to Castellanos and still going after Arenado. The Cubs are also possibly willing to move Kris Bryant, especially if they end up with Arenado. I think we'll end up with one of these guys with Castellanos being the most likely since he's actually a free agent.

Comment

Well thank god we didn't get Donaldson! I'm not excited about the Frazier deal but at least he is a 3rd basemen, not a utility player. We're still in the running for Castellanos and Ozuna and Arenado is still a Rocky. Holy cow he's expensive though, $35 million this year.

Comment

I wasn't in favor of Donaldson cause I doubt he would produce enough to justify that contract. His numbers weren't bad last year, but not to justify what, 4 years $95?

Here's the kicker with Arenado. Yes he has a $35 Million per year contract. However if the Rangers pull the trigger on this trade. They will try to give the Rockies enough to justify only taking 3/4th of the contract.

Basically $26 Million a year give or take. That's why I'm onboard with this trade. Question is will it kill the farm system?

I'm okay with Fraizer being that it's $5 Million. He can also play 1B as well. Kris Bryant is young and also in arbitration for the next year or so.
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

IMO the Astros penalty hurts them, but not really initially. Yes they lose their coach and GM. However they'll still be at least good this year. Yes losing 2 draft picks in the next two years hurts. However that'll be 5 years down the line they'll hurt.

MLB should've fined them more than $5 Million. Should've been $15 Million and no spending in the international market for the next 2 years.
                            Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                            Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Arenado is worth whatever it takes to get him. We haven't had a bat like his since Hamilton fell of the wagon and he's the reigning gold glove winner at 3rd.

In a perfect world JD would figure out a way to get them to take Odor and a couple of top tier prospects. We'd eat most of Odor's contract but they'd take on part of Arenado's to offset it. Throw in Jung or Solak with another top 20 prospect and it could work.

I think Odor would thrive in Colorado, they love free swinging power hitters and have a park suited to them. JD is a good salesman, lets hope it makes something happen.

Comment

That's a contract I knew would bite us in the ass when it was announced. I'm all for getting rid of Odor if we can sign an outfielder. Cause if not then we might have to keep him.

I would love to see Danny Santana replace him at 2nd base. Santana though has been rumored as a suggestion to play in the outfield.

That other top 20 prospect could be catcher Jose Trevino with now signing Chirinos.
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                                X