Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Dad passed away Friday. He sure was a great Dad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
    It took me almost 8 months to handle my dad’s estate, doing most of it on my own. I’ve been told I got shit done pretty quick in reality. Keep your head up and focus on getting things squared away.
    you bet and staying busy helps alot

Comment

Sorry to hear man

May he Rest In Peace

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
        you bet and staying busy helps alot
        I definitely stayed busy. Enough folks here knew what I was doing... going down to his place several times a week after work and going through the house, there every Saturday for cleaning/yard work/maintenance, all the finances/Estate/probate attorneys/property/yard sales/coordinating trash haul offs/landscapers/remodeled a bathroom and laundry room... you name it. It felt like it took a few years off my life. I also did it while wrangling a newborn most of those days too.

I’ll talk to anyone that wants to listen about how you need to properly handle your personal finances to avoid a shit storm like My sister and I had. Even with a clean cut-and-dried will between only my sister and I, it was like pulling teeth to get shit done.

If you want to talk, even just to vent or reminsece about the old man, drop me a PM and I’ll give you a call. Godspeed and good luck.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          I definitely stayed busy. Enough folks here knew what I was doing... going down to his place several times a week after work and going through the house, there every Saturday for cleaning/yard work/maintenance, all the finances/Estate/probate attorneys/property/yard sales/coordinating trash haul offs/landscapers/remodeled a bathroom and laundry room... you name it. It felt like it took a few years off my life. I also did it while wrangling a newborn most of those days too.

I’ll talk to anyone that wants to listen about how you need to properly handle your personal finances to avoid a shit storm like My sister and I had. Even with a clean cut-and-dried will between only my sister and I, it was like pulling teeth to get shit done.

If you want to talk, even just to vent or reminsece about the old man, drop me a PM and I’ll give you a call. Godspeed and good luck.
          thanks buddy!!

Comment

My thoughts are with you. I worked with my Dad pretty much everyday of my life running a dairy. It's hell trying to keep up with a serious workaholic, but it's what made him happy. It's been 10 years in August and I still think of him daily, and always with a smile and tip of my hat. Take care. Take one day at a time. It does get easier.
            Shooting for 1000 posts in 15, well make that 20 years.

6.2L Raptor, 5.9 & 6.7 Cummins, 09 SRT Challenger, 93 331R-block Cobra, 70 6-pack Cuda, 71 383 Cuda vert.

Comment

This thread made me make sure to visit with my Dad this weekend. He is still in good health but is getting wobbly. I am building a house with 2 master bedrooms so that I can move my mom and dad in with me if they get to the point that they need to. I don't want them ending up in an old folks home. My dad says he doesn't care, my mom is grateful and asked me never to send her to a home.

Comment

Working...
              X