Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 68RR View Post
    You must be a Democrat!!!

But I'll give you the W on this one. Apparently they were running outside of FIA.

Interestingly, we are told several people pleaded with Combs not to go through with the land speed world record attempt based on some safety issues.

Our source said the attempt itself was an independent project and not sanctioned by Land Speed racing, and that Jessi attempted the stunt "at her own risk."

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

But I'll give you the W on this one. Apparently they were running outside of FIA.
      Sadly, there's no "W" here ... When more info comes out, it will be tough.
      Natural law. Sons are put on this earth to trouble their fathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
        Or wanting to show a little respect to the family,
        Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
        Nope, someone has offered to "sell it" to her boyfriend already. Heard that from a reliable source . Hope they got their ass beat

Comment

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Where's the cage?

Vid: https://www.tmz.com/2019/09/04/jessi...-speed-record/

Comment

That thing doesn't look as tore up as I would expect of a crash at that speed ?

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
              That thing doesn't look as tore up as I would expect of a crash at that speed ?
              What you're seeing is basically the core of the engine which is made out of really really really tough metal and it appears that there was a fire as well. The only things left are things that were very solid. It appears that everything else was either ripped away or burned away. In all likelihood there isn't much left of the driver either.
              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

That is only shots of the engine. No photo of the cockpit. So ??? on the cage.

Comment

No cage.. The vehicle was running out side FIA and SCTA Regs.

Comment

I watched her on powerblock tv and extreme 4 x 4 a lot years ago.

She was my favorite host. Such a cute bad ass.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                      It was an F-104 fuselage with an LM1500 engine (marine/industrial version of the F-104's powerplant). There isn't really any room to install a cage and you'd be mounting it to either the duralumin chassis or the engine itself. Fighter planes have ejection seats because you aren't usually going to survive a 400mph crash no matter what precautions you put into place.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                        That's not really a shot of the engine, it's a shot of all that's left if that makes any sense.

Originally posted by BP View Post
                        It was an F-104 fuselage with an LM1500 engine (marine/industrial version of the F-104's powerplant). There isn't really any room to install a cage and you'd be mounting it to either the duralumin chassis or the engine itself. Fighter planes have ejection seats because you aren't usually going to survive a 400mph crash no matter what precautions you put into place.
                        Fighter planes have ejection seats because the pilot has to immediately get away from what will frequently be a burning and or exploding aircraft that is coming apart. The seats are equipped with parachutes so you're not going 140 miles an hour when you hit the ground.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

427 mph crash. Walked .away
                          Attached Files

Comment

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/11/04/...re/?yptr=yahoo

Jessi Combs’ fatal high-speed crash was caused by “a mechanical failure of the front wheel, most likely caused from striking an object on the desert,” according to the Harney County Sheriff’s Office in Oregon. This information comes to us two months after Combs’ tragic accident on the dry lake bed of the Alvord Desert. Combs was 39 years old.

The investigation concluded that the front wheel failure “led to the front wheel assembly collapsing.” The sheriff's department says this happened at speeds approaching 550 mph. Both the Harney County Sheriff’s Office and the North American Eagle Race Team collected evidence from the scene to come to this conclusion.

Her cause of death was determined to be blunt force trauma to the head, which happened before the vehicle was engulfed in flames. No other official information regarding the crash was released.

Combs was an extremely well-known racer, fabricator and a longtime host of Autoblog’s “The List” video series, and it is with heavy hearts that we convey this news to you today. The sheriff’s office concluded its release by passing on “its condolences to the family of Jessi Combs and the North American Eagle Race Team."

Comment

Well, I think that conclusion paints the obvious. Although, I feel it really could have been avoided. However, if you can take anything good away from that terrible day. It was that she was unconscious or already dead before being burned alive.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                                ...already dead before being burned alive.
                                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                                X