This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
    Also, Eagle apparently had a pretty decent fire yesterday. Apparently, someone was shooting tracers and the backstop caught fire.
    That's pretty wild considering I was there until 7:30 and everything was going smoothly. Everyone has to read their range rules card and should be using common sense. Fortunately, it was a very minor situation with no damage.

Here's the statement from their Facebook page. Now they'll be inspecting ammo.

Originally posted by https://www.facebook.com/EagleGunRange
    NEWS UPDATE........

If you drove by the range around 7:45 pm and saw all the firetrucks and police cars, here's the scoop.

Several customers were shooting on the range when two of our RSO's spotted a glowing ember in the rubber berm. They immediately called "Cease Fire", ran down the lane with a bucket of water and threw it on the embers. Did I mention what wonderful and dedicated employees we have here?

One of the customers had brought in tracer rounds (unknowingly) and was firing them. The front desk had checked the rounds (as they do with all the shooters using that type ammo) and did not detect it. The tips were pale in color and had to be held up to the light to see the slight difference to determine they were, indeed, tracers.

We immediately evacuated the range of all shooters and allowed the Fire Dept. to do their job. Kudos to both the Lewisville Fire and Police Depts. They were here within just a few minutes.

If you were in the range when this transpired, thank you for your cooperation. We hope you will accept our apology for the inconvenience and come back to shoot with us again.

We are thankful everyone is safe and able to go home to their families tonight.

The range will resume regular business hours tomorrow opening at 10 am.

Comment

Okay guys we need to make some updates. Anyone care to help?
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        Okay guys we need to make some updates. Anyone care to help?
        Texas Defensive Shooting Academy is a gun range with tactical bays and rifle ranges. Shooting classes and shooting competitions available.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
          Jason, are you a member of TDSA?
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

are there any ranges that allow steel cased fmj rifle?

i bought a couple hundred rounds of this poop because that's all they had at my local walmart.

Comment

Jason, are you a member of TDSA?
              Yesir
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                Yesir
                I've been considering switching to that range. Would you care if I tagged along sometime to see the facility?

Comment

I've been considering switching to that range. Would you care if I tagged along sometime to see the facility?
                  That would be fine. I have several buddies that are members also. We could take a few.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Could someone change the URL for Bullseye to http://www.bullseyerandg.net/? Used to be .com but now it's .net.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                      Could someone change the URL for Bullseye to http://www.bullseyerandg.net/? Used to be .com but now it's .net.
                      done.

Comment

• Buddy of mine alerted me to this range in Leonard:

500 yd rifle range
                        Pistol range
                        Cowboy Action practice
                        Sporting clays
                        Archery Range
                        "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

• Here's one for the list...

Fossil Pointe

7282 N FM51, Decatur 76234
                          9-5:30 Wed-Sun
                          50/100/200 yard rifle
                          Pistol lanes
                          Clays
                          $16 pistol/rifle $10 14yr or under

I've been there a few times and always enjoyed it. RO is easy to get along with. Sorry, they say no class III or FMJ on the rifle range.
                          IMG_0424

Comment

• Originally posted by GAP View Post
                            Here's one for the list...

Fossil Pointe

7282 N FM51, Decatur 76234
                            9-5:30 Wed-Sun
                            50/100/200 yard rifle
                            Pistol lanes
                            Clays
                            $16 pistol/rifle $10 14yr or under

I've been there a few times and always enjoyed it. RO is easy to get along with. Sorry, they say no class III or FMJ on the rifle range.
                            I will second this, They are also working on some longer rifle ranges. beyond the 200yd mark.

Comment

• Any gun ranges close by Euless.

Comment

• Are there any outdoor gun ranges that allow rifle FMJ? Can't think of the name of it but I remember there was one out in Mesquite or so but wondering if there are anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X