Astrodome cost x 2 when new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
    It is so stupid to spend this much money on high school sports. People wonder why the milenials aren't educated and want to know what is wrong with our education system. This is part of your answer, but idiots will keep voting for millions of dollars to be spent on high school football because most americans are idiots with fucked up priorities.
    Lol at "millenials arent educated". You're going to have to fabricate a new definition of "educated" for that dumbass comment to stick.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
      I'm tired of people blaming the education system for their lack of getting what they want in the word. There are a billion more ways to get educated now than there were 20 years ago when i was in school. Education doesnt give people motivation which is what people lack in my estimation. Stop blaming the shit on the teachers and education. I have 0 college and barely graduated high school, yet I made and maintained 6 figures since before I was 30. Blaming education just gives everyone an out as to why they are unsuccessful.
      Solid barg...to make real cowskin money however you maybe should have considered choo-choo driver school.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
        WTF ever happened to simple football fields like this:

That is as outdated as a daily driver pickup truck for under 50k.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
          Lol at "millenials arent educated". You're going to have to fabricate a new definition of "educated" for that dumbass comment to stick.
          Having a PHD in a soft science that can not get you a job doesn't mean that you are educated.

If a PHD can not fix a leaky sink, wire a new electrical outlet, or change a tire they are not educated.
          Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            WTF ever happened to simple football fields like this:

Yep, it is absurd the amount of money they waste on stadiums. Schools do not need a mega million dollar stadium to draw people. How about just a winning football team. My wife is an athletic trainer at a high school so she may argue with me over this but schools are out of control. Personally, I think you had more space to spread out in the old style stadiums.

Red Oak just got defeated again on their damn bond. They haven't paid off the last bond not to mention city taxes are getting ridiculous.
            Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by svauto-erotic855 View Post
              Having a PHD in a soft science that can not get you a job doesn't mean that you are educated.

If a PHD can not fix a leaky sink, wire a new electrical outlet, or change a tire they are not educated.
              Pretty much this.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

1 - show me the data that shows millenials have less degrees in hard science and more in soft science than other generations (hint...youre wrong and just tried to use a weak ass straw man argument)

2 - if a PhD can make 4x as much as the guy he pays to fix his leaky faucet he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
                  Pretty much this.
                  Only an uneducated person would fall for that....so I take it you're a history major or something and just salty that us millenials make more than You

Comment

1 - show me the data that shows millenials have less degrees in hard science and more in soft science than other generations (hint...youre wrong and just tried to use a weak ass straw man argument)

2 - if a PhD can make 4x as much as the guy he pays to fix his leaky faucet he wins.
                    Hey there ruffPHD. You need to work on you reading comprehension skills. I never made a claim of any sort that needs to be backed up with data. I did give two opinions though.

There is something that I have noticed about PHDs anyway. They almost always work for someone who is less educated then they are and who makes more money then they do.

Comment

Hey there ruffPHD. You need to work on you reading comprehension skills. I never made a claim of any sort that needs to be backed up with data. I did give two opinions though.

There is something that I have noticed about PHDs anyway. They almost always work for someone who is less educated then they are and who makes more money then they do.
                      Is that another opinion that's not backed up with any data?

You know something factual about PhDs? They have a much higher average salary than those without college or just a bachelor's.

You can talk about outliers, straw mans and "opinions" all day. Educated people know that facts hold the real value.

Comment

Is that another opinion that's not backed up with any data?

You know something factual about PhDs? They have a much higher average salary than those without college or just a bachelor's.

You can talk about outliers, straw mans and "opinions" all day. Educated people know that facts hold the real value.

My opinion is that if you can not do simple household repairs you are an idiot no matter your level of education. I do not have to back that up with data.

Factual about PHDs? Half my family has one of some sort or another. My argument is that a soft science PHD is only useful to wipe your ass with when compared to one in a real science. I will use myself as an example. I do not have a PHD and my younger brother does. His is in Anthropology and my lesser degree is in Engineering; on average I make 4 to 5 times as much money in a year as he does and I could do what I do without having a HS diploma.

If you want to shock yourself with reality put up an ad on Monster looking to hire a PHD is a soft science field and take their resumes and ask that they include their salary requirements. (My brother did this a few years ago for research) Your findings will be eye opening. Also ask yourself how many PHD billionaires there are in the world that got there because of their PHD; I doubt there is one alive but I have not looked into it to know for sure. Mr Bose is the only one I can think of; maybe the Goretex guy too.

Edit: If I had a need for them I could hire 10 soft science PHDs tomorrow who would gladly work for 45k per year. I doubt I could hire even 1 master electrician or master plumber who would work for that little.
                        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-19-2017, 09:55 AM.

Comment

LOL @ millenials, the generation whose primary claim to fame is moving back in with the 'rents because they're too weak to make it on their own.

Comment

Hey daddy, what is your PH.D. in?

Edit: I bet you work for a person who doesn't have a Ph.D. if you actually have one yourself. The simple fact by a huge margin is that Docs are far more likely to be an employee vs being an employer.
                            Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 08-19-2017, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Hey daddy, what is your PH.D. in?
                              I put the D in PH.D

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                                I put the D in PH.D
                                Were you Ruff about it when you did so?

Comment

Working...
                                X