DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > The Back Porch

The Back Porch General Discussions for topics that don't belong in other forums.

Old 09-07-2018, 10:40 AM   #1
BLAKE
Lifer

Default Dallas officer kills man after mistaking his apartment for her own

Woof.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...e-headquarters

A Dallas officer fatally shot a 26-year-old man Thursday night when she entered his apartment near downtown, mistaking it for her own, police say.

The officer was not hurt in the 10 p.m. shooting at the South Side Flats at 1210 S. Lamar St., blocks from Dallas police headquarters in the Cedars.

Police officials say she had arrived at the complex after working a full shift and was still in full uniform when she entered the victim's apartment, thinking it was her home.
BLAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:45 AM   #2
Ratt
Any eye L

Send a message via AIM to Ratt

That's rough. RIP random dude.
Ratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #3
svauto-erotic855
I know everything, I'm older than you
VIP Member

I'm calling BS on this. Something tells me there was some personal interaction between the two and she decided to kill him. Even if the story is true its capital murder, or it would be if anyone else in the entire United States did it.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:52 AM   #4
jtotin
Time Served

I donít understand the article. Itís confusing and doesnít make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jtotin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:26 AM   #5
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtotin View Post
I don’t understand the article. It’s confusing and doesn’t make sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A Dallas police officer in uniform broke into some ones apartment and when the home owner confronted the officer she shot and killed the man in his own home.

FYI, I have been in the building before, the doors lock automatically.

Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2018 at 11:40 AM.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
The King
Lifer

The article states that the police officer entered the victim's apartment, not that she broke into it. Your post illustrates perfectly how important details of stories often get changed by secondhand storytellers.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #7
Craizie
Not very WOKE
VIP Member

What's the point of adding that it occurred after she worked a full shift? Already giving her an out, huh?
Craizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #8
black2002ls
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
The article states that the police officer entered the victim's apartment, not that she broke into it. Your post illustrates perfectly how important details of stories often get changed by secondhand storytellers.
Though, some of the other tenants interviewed said they heard someone saying open up, open up. It may have been responding officers, or it may have been the alleged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie View Post
What's the point of adding that it occurred after she worked a full shift? Already giving her an out, huh?
My thoughts exactly.
black2002ls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #9
BradM
Bad Santa

I just heard they are going after the officer for manslaughter.
BradM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:25 PM   #10
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
I've been in the building, there's no walking accidentally into the wrong unit because the doors automatically lock and have to be unlocked from the outside once you walk out of them. Unless by some slim possibility her door lock was keyed the same as his or if the keypad number just so happens to have the same combination then she forced entry into the apartment.

Edit: by the time DPD gets done spinning the story they're going to say the man had his door propped open with a shoe and that is how she gained entry without forcing the lock. Maybe you could explain how you enter through a locked door without a key or combination without forcing the entry, AKA breaking into.

Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2018 at 12:34 PM.
svauto-erotic855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:37 PM   #11
juiceweezl
Lifer

Well shit. SVO just out experted the expert witness who is the key master for the complex because he's been there. Just bang the gavel now.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 12:43 PM   #12
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweezl View Post
Well shit. SVO just out experted the expert witness who is the key master for the complex because he's been there. Just bang the gavel now.
I helped a friend move out of there a few days before the beginning of this month and I've been going there to see her for several years.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:44 PM   #13
svauto-erotic855
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradM View Post
I just heard they are going after the officer for manslaughter.
It needs to be capital murder. Mistakenly or not, if you kill someone in their own home when you're in there and don't belong there it's a capital crime.

Edit: The public entrusted this woman with a great deal of power and she failed that trust miserably. If she had any sense of Honor she would say her goodbyes to friends and family and then eat her gun.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:57 PM   #14
Rick Modena
Cockasaurusmex ģ
VIP Member

That's real fucked up, I could see how walking into the wrong apartment (it was unlocked) but whatever happened to pulling your weapon and saying 'freeze or "don't move" and I'm a police officer, something sounds fishy...
Rick Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:04 PM   #15
Chili
Joe Blow
VIP Member

The fact that they're pursuing charges at all suggests she fucked up good, in some way.

It was 10PM, maybe she was drunk or high or something, in uniform.. Don't know how else you confuse someone else's place as yours.. Right door, wrong floor?
Chili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #16
TexasDevilDog
Lifer

How do you walk in to the wrong apartment, a confrontation starts, by the guy saying something like, bitch you are in my apartment and you look around and think huh, this ain't my shit, I am shooting your ass for messing with my stuff?
char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
double Peas, Carrots;
string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
};
TexasDevilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 01:41 PM   #17
Jose
Lifer

So much hasn't been told yet. Ya, how did she mistakenly enter the wrong apartment? How does a police officer mistakenly shoot someone in that circumstances? I'm not saying that there is a serious issue with lack of training here but unless the guy is lunging at her with a knife, I don't see how the guy was shot accidentally.

I'm betting that there was some sort of relationship going on here and this was premeditated.
Jose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:00 PM   #18
juiceweezl
Lifer

WTF does her being a police officer have anything to do with this beyond making the headline politicized? All that happened was a person walked into the wrong apartment, was confused and then frightened by the tenant of said apartment, and then shot them. Being a police officer has nothing to do with the incident. There are a ton of people who carry and aren't LEO. Drop all the BS training, responsibility, etc. Each and every person who carries a gun has the exact same responsibility as the LEO did here. Oh, and I agree there should be a capital charge.
juiceweezl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #19
Ruffdaddy
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juiceweezl View Post
WTF does her being a police officer have anything to do with this beyond making the headline politicized? All that happened was a person walked into the wrong apartment, was confused and then frightened by the tenant of said apartment, and then shot them. Being a police officer has nothing to do with the incident. There are a ton of people who carry and aren't LEO. Drop all the BS training, responsibility, etc. Each and every person who carries a gun has the exact same responsibility as the LEO did here. Oh, and I agree there should be a capital charge.
Because everyone expects this case to get special treatment because she's an officer and hopefully the media attention prevents that from happening.

We will see.
Ruffdaddy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 02:03 PM   #20
jtm98snake
Time Served

Send a message via Yahoo to jtm98snake

Nothing to see here folks! She'll get paid administrative leave, an investigation where she is found to have no wrong doing and put back on the streets to kill again.

Tags
1 less nay in dallas=win, 2 less nays=win+win, anthony > brian, anthonys shitty 401k, blackcockmadehercray, dpd version > svo's lies, gasser is nay, if a nay then promote her, it was just a naynay, it was naynays brother, nay better watch out, policing releasing, ruff cnc svo sock puppet, she was tired of nays, shewantedblackcreampie, ssjunk stupid as fuck, svo > sherlock, svo constitution author, svo dp'd guyger solo, svo is dosxx man, svo ruff bffl, svo was there, you fucking naysayers