Sad News: Richard Overton, America's oldest man and WWII vet, dies at 112

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News: Richard Overton, America's oldest man and WWII vet, dies at 112

Our favorite veteran must have ran out of the whiskey and cigars that kept him alive all these years.

God speed and God bless, Mr. Overton.

Austin resident Richard Overton, who was America’s oldest man and oldest war veteran, died Thursday. Overton, who was honored for his military service and beloved for his propensity to enjoy his supe…

RIP Mr. Overton.

Comment

RIP to a real hero.

Comment

:taps: :salute:

Comment

Not like this is a shock...

RIP

Comment

My dad enlisted the same year as Corporal Overton and he served in a few integrated units, their paths may have crossed at some point. It was the Army Air Corps back then and evolved into the Army Air Force and then eventually the Air Force.

Btw my dad passed away on the 26th. He served 28 years and was a veteran of 3 wars.

Comment

RIP to a great American!

BTW, this story was on the local news last night. DFWMustangs always has the story first.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                My dad enlisted the same year as Corporal Overton and he served in a few integrated units, their paths may have crossed at some point. It was the Army Air Corps back then and evolved into the Army Air Force and then eventually the Air Force.

Btw my dad passed away on the 26th. He served 28 years and was a veteran of 3 wars.
                RIP to another great American! We appreciate what your Dad did for our country during his lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
                  RIP to another great American! We appreciate what your Dad did for our country during his lifetime.
                  Thank you. I think Cpl Overton just held out long enough to make sure he beat my dad!

Comment

A life well lived by a legend and true America hero. Please join us for a service in memory of a Richard Arvin Overton on Saturday, January 12, 2019 beginning at 11am.⠀
                    ⠀⠀
                    SCHEDULE:⠀

11am - Memorial Service at @shorelinechurch - 15201 Burnet Rd, Austin, TX 78728 ⠀
                    ⠀⠀
                    2pm - Committal Service at The Texas State Cemetery - 909 Navasota St, Austin, TX 78702⠀
                    ⠀⠀
                    *This event is open to the public, we welcome all but capacity is limited at all venues so please arrive early in order to secure entry. ⠀

In lieu of flowers please donate to @honorflightatx. To find out more about Honor Flight Austin please visit www.honorflightaustin.org⠀

Comment

He had one hell of a run, Godspeed.

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived.

Comment

Working...
                      X