www.dfwmustangs.net wants to show notifications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    sounds like ad host is bein dodgy, but I block ads with extreme prejudice, so I've not seen it on anything I own/use.
    Would ad blockers also block VBB notifications? This wasn't a typical pop up, it looked to have originated from here, though with what I would imagine is a standard VBB notification format.

Comment

I get it on Edge. It's pretty fucking annoying. I have an ad blocker but it's not catching this one.
      Last edited by 46Tbird; 04-21-2020, 11:42 AM.
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

That's the same thing I am getting on my phone.

Comment

Here's what the ad looks like when you click allow, I came home and got the pop up on this machine.
          Attached Files

Comment

If you turn off notification by scrolling down the ad, it'll go away.

Comment

Nope not me
              Originally posted by Da Prez
              Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
              Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

You potentially have some adware on your machine, but try this for:

Chrome

You can set up Chrome to get notifications, such as meeting reminders, from websites, apps and extensions. If you get pop-ups or ads, learn how to block or allow pop-ups.

Mozilla Firefox

Go to the upper-right corner of your Firefox browser, then click the Menu button. It is the three vertically aligned horizontal lines.
                Select Options from the list.
                Go to the left-pane menu, then click Privacy & Security.
                Scroll down until you reach the Permissions section. Click the Settings button beside Notifications. Now, you will see a list of websites with active Web Notifications. If you want to disable notifications for individual sites, you can select the website, then click the Remove Website button. On the other hand, you can choose to remove Push Notifications for all sites by clicking the Remove All Websites button.
                Click Save Changes.

Edge

Click the Menu icon at the upper-right corner of Edge. The symbol looks like three vertically aligned dots.
                Select Settings from the list.
                Scroll down, then click the View Advanced Settings button below the Advanced Settings section.
                Now, go to the Notifications section, then click the Manage button.
                You will then see the Manage Notifications pane. Here, you will find the list of websites with active notifications. Perform changes as you require.

Run a scan with AdwCleaner

Comment

I did go ahead and turn off the notifications, it's highly unlikely that it's adware. I say this because it popped up on my home machine and work Surface, same popup and ad, on DFWmustangs only. The home machine recently got wiped and updated to Windows 10, and the work machine is connected to the Microsoft internal network, covered by Defender ATP, and I browse literally 3 sites that aren't work related. The two machines are never in any way connected, the only commonality here being that I'm logged in as a user on this site.

My guess is that it's some sort of backdoor adbot that's leveraging the VBB.

Comment

I get the pop up as well, but only in my cellphone internet browser.
                    Attached Files

Comment

….and it's back.

Comment

So the popup is indeed back, and to note, it came up when I first opened the site today, and wasn't logged in. Clicking "later" on the notification made it go away this time, rather than it coming back on the very next screen. My guess is that's because of the changes I made in Edge.

So tied to the site, but not the user. This is on a highly protected "virgin" Surface.

Comment

Working...
                        X