weed whacker electric?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post

Ryobi would nice only because my last trimmer was a ryobi. I have an edger and leaf blower attachment for it. Are there other better brands that will except those attachments?

Thanks
    I have the Ryobi, works fine. Average size yard. I don't mow anymore but when I did, I never had a problem with the ryobi. Get the big battery though, not the little one. Little one sucks. I mean its not going to mow the amazon for you, but if you mow and weed eat regularly, I don't see why you'd have problems.
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
      I just wanted to say. After CJ's recommendation, I bought an Ego 56v, dual feed 15" trimmer from HomeofdePot. On sale for $219.99 and I'll use it for the first time tomorrow after I get a good charge.

Thanks man.
      Awesome! Let me know what you think, I love mine! I'm waiting for dusk so I can mow!
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        I bought an EGO 56v 15" dual feed trimmer two months ago, and that thing is a beast. Fuck gas forever, seriously. It has more power than my STIHL and ECHO did, not to mention wonderful speed and line control. I owned a Toro 24v for about five years prior to this EGO. It was a great trimmer, but was a single feed and did lack power. However, it made up for it with accuracy and control. I've since switched over to electric everything now. I have an EGO 56v mower and 56v trimmer. The 56v blower rivals that of any gas blower. The first time I had the trimmer out I fucking wrecked my yard trying to control it (it is very powerful). It takes some skill to use as it does not handle like a gas trimmer. It has an incredible amount of low speed torque, so it has a tendency to try and fight you at higher speeds. I trim my lawn at a very low RPM, hardly any noise at all when I'm trimming. The neighbors probably think I'm practicing with my trimmer off. I've never ran any of my 56v tools out of batteries, even mowing my lawn twice with heavy grass and forgetting to charge in between. The EGO batteries (2 and 4 amp) will charge in 25 minutes. I had to knock down some 3' tall weeds behind my shop and I took it down to dirt in about 20 minutes and never ran out of batteries... Any gas trimmer would have been bogging down doing that kind of work. No more smelling like gas, screwing with chokes, pulling cords, cutting out at weird angles, spilling gas on your pants, mixing oil/fuel, separate fuel tanks, garage that smells like gas, or wearing ear plugs. After being a big gas proponent and now experiencing the latest of the high end electrics, anyone who buys a gas trimmer for home use is a chump. I do not envy you! If you can afford it, do it. You won't regret it.
        Will have to look into an Ego weed eater. I have a corded wacker that works great, dont remember the brand, but I hate the fucking cord. Been thinking about battery powered for a while now. Thanks for the suggestion.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
          Will have to look into an Ego weed eater. I have a corded wacker that works great, dont remember the brand, but I hate the fucking cord. Been thinking about battery powered for a while now. Thanks for the suggestion.
          Yeah man! I'd like to hear what vader thought of his.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            Yeah man! I'd like to hear what vader thought of his.
            I forgot to post up my review. It works great!! I did the front and back (about 1/16 acre +/-) on a 30 minute charge and it's still going. Good cutting on the thicker stuff, but I think I'm going up to the largest diameter string Ego suggests. It came with .095 but I might go up if I can. Definitely get the 15" over the 12", I got the 15" and it's just large enough of a cut.

Only issue I had (minimal) was the delay from depressing the safety/"throttle" to when it started cutting.

I'd like to check out the mower now.

Home Depot even threw in a free spool+string with it.
            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
              I forgot to post up my review. It works great!! I did the front and back (about 1/16 acre +/-) on a 30 minute charge and it's still going. Good cutting on the thicker stuff, but I think I'm going up to the largest diameter string Ego suggests. It came with .095 but I might go up if I can. Definitely get the 15" over the 12", I got the 15" and it's just large enough of a cut.

Only issue I had (minimal) was the delay from depressing the safety/"throttle" to when it started cutting.

I'd like to check out the mower now.

Home Depot even threw in a free spool+string with it.
              That delay is electronic to prevent people from cutting their hands off since it's completely off when you're not on the throttle. I agree it can get annoying, but it's only 1 second. I would recommend Husqvarna titanium 0.95" line.

I also have the mower, it's great. I can mow in the evening with the headlight to avoid the heat. It's no louder than any ac unit in the neighborhood so you're not going to get any complaints.

Comment

Working...
              X