No announcement yet.

Shopping metal building contractors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks. I'll post updates once I receive an additional quote.

Comment

• I'm interested in hearing the final quote.

When I get home next week we are meeting a couple contractors who have built additions in our hood. Looking at closing in my 1car garage bay and adding a 2 car additionally to the side of the house. The original 1car bay will get a window and man door entrance and be turned into a gym/lounge. The 2 car addition will be roughly 25' wide and 35'+ deep with another man door and some windows to break up the long solid wall and bring in natural light.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• I think the building I will be choosing will be a trussed 30x40x14 with a 10' awning on the 40' side. It was quoted with one door and a 4" w/beams slab for 21,650. Id like another door and a 6" concrete, at least in the shop part.

Edit: final quote after looking at options is a 12x12 door, 6" concrete, insulated roof and a double walk in door, comes to $23,324 turn key.
        Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 07-11-2017, 12:55 PM.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Good thread.
          I'm about ready for a change in a year or so.

My big decision is this.
          I have a 1 acre plot on 377 south of fort worth. The good news is its paid off, the bad news is there's building regulations. Minimum 2k sq/ft, brick home with x% of stone work, garage not facing the street...etc.

or

sell that land (+/- $40k)

buy 2-3 acres somewhere else and build something VERY similar to whats pictured below.
          I want to live in a metal building more than a 2k sq/ft house. Problem is 2-3 acres is so fucking expensive anywhere thats remotely close to DFW (im looking south of i-20 between benbrook and mansfield) and I have a slight emotional attachment to that 1 acre lot on 377.

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Working...
          X