No announcement yet.

Random car thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They need to hire Callaway to design the Corvettes for GM. I like the soften edges of his version yet somehow it still looks more aggressive.
    1965 Ford Falcon Pro-Touring Project
    TCI F/R Suspension, 3V-4.6 & TR3560, LT III Wheels

sigpic
    Work In Progress

Comment

• That thing is hideous...reminds me of the "bolt on whatever you can find to the body of a car" ricer era.
      WH

Comment

• Smh

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
          That thing is hideous...reminds me of the "bolt on whatever you can find to the body of a car" ricer era.
          I guess if the "ricer" was a 600hp+, carbon fiber bodied, wind tunnel tested, all out, v8 powered, American race car. . .then yes.

sigpic
          Work In Progress

Comment

• Here in the United States, Callaway is widely recognized for its tuning prowess, particularly when it comes to the Chevrolet Corvette, but the company has a European offshoot that also builds complete turnkey race cars. We’re talking about Callaway Competition based in Leingarten, Germany, Callaway’s official European distributor and maker of this awesome Corvette C7 GT3-R race car.

Callaway Competition has been building race cars since 1985 and became the official racing arm of Callaway in the early ‘90s. Some of the famous cars it’s built over the years include the Callaway LM Project of ’94, the Callaway C7R of ’96 and the Callaway C12R from ’01. This latest car is designed specifically for GT3 competition and replaces the C6-based Callaway Corvette Z06.R GT3.

The Corvette C7 GT3-R has been two years in the making and looks even more impressive than Corvette Racing’s own C7.R endurance racer. Responsible for the design was Canadian Paul Deutschman as well as Callaway Competition’s own Giovanni Ciccone and Ernst Wöhr. They worked hard to develop a future-proof design that should remain competitive for years to come.

The car’s construction is mostly carbon fiber, and its power source is a 6.2-liter V-8 sourced from General Motors Company [NYSE:GM] and tuned to deliver 600 horsepower. The engine is mated to an X-Trac six-speed sequential gearbox with paddle shifters and drives the rear wheels only.

The Corvette C7 GT3-R is now available for order for delivery ahead of the 2016 motorsport season. One of the first customers is Callaway Competition itself, which will campaign the car through its works team.

Comment

• But, but, it is just a tack on ricer mobile.

sigpic
              Work In Progress

Comment

• Originally posted by lowfast View Post
                I guess if the "ricer" was a 600hp+, carbon fiber bodied, wind tunnel tested, all out, v8 powered, American race car. . .then yes.
                that probably weighs 2500lbs
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

• the look on the little kids face is priceless. gearhead for life now.

Comment

• I sometimes wonder if I made the right decision on my toy car. Yeah its fun as hell and corners like its on rails but when a new Mustang GT drives by I just stop and gawk and think it would of only been 3x more money. Was just at a stop light with an R8 V10 Spyder on my right (very neat looking brakes BTW) and a new GT on my left. I actually spent more time looking at the Mustang. Pictures just dont do them justice. In dark colors their lines are just beautiful. I think the new Mustang GT (as well as the GT Supercar) are just two of the most dead sexy machines out and to think that they are made by Ford. 'Merica.

Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

• this is the color that breaks my neck every time

someone at work has a orange one too that i like, just dont think i could live with it every day.

Comment

• Originally posted by lowfast View Post
                          The vette fanboi forums are that way. -->

I doubt you'll find much fandom for big, gawdy, unnecessary looking body parts on this site.

Don't get me wrong, I can't really say I dislike vettes. If someone gave me one, I might keep it. None of that will change that particular car looking like my previous description, though.
                          WH

Comment

• Saw an orange GT on the way home from work today. I could daily that sucker no problem. It was beautiful.

Comment

• Is that Rick Grimes?

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk
                              Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                                The vette fanboi forums are that way. -->

I doubt you'll find much fandom for big, gawdy, unnecessary looking body parts on this site.

Don't get me wrong, I can't really say I dislike vettes. If someone gave me one, I might keep it. None of that will change that particular car looking like my previous description, though.
                                Haha, at least your posts always give me a good chuckle.

sigpic
                                Work In Progress

Comment

Working...
                                X