Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
    Wish mine was foamed. Only thing holding me back is the $$$
    TR did mine a few years ago and I had it foamed afterward and have a 12' roll up door that is insulated. Last week it was all ice and 24 outside and I went out there just to see and it was 46. I know long weeks of 24 would take it down some but I was very impressed. If I had kicked on the heater I know I could get it up to 60 in half an hour!

Comment

Originally posted by STANGGT40 View Post
      Just under 40k...plus some extra concrete for the drive. 2 - 12x12 panel doors, 1 - 3x7 entry door & 1 3x3 window...with foam insulation.
      Thank you sir. I was expecting $35k or so.

Comment

I just had Mark from TR on my property yesterday, will be pulling the trigger with them next week.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

What is the cost of spray foam??
          2006 Civic SI
          2009 Pilot
          1988 GT
          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
            I just had Mark from TR on my property yesterday, will be pulling the trigger with them next week.
            What time...he was in Wylie around 9am. He's all over the place!

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
            What is the cost of spray foam??
            I don't recall the foam price, specifically. I'll look at his quote a little later and see if he broke it out.

**edit**
            I looked and it's not nroken out.

Comment

I've got to say I'm really impressed with how well the insulation is working out for me. When it got down in the lower 20's I had no heat source turned on in there for several days and it still stayed around 40 degrees in the shop.

The AC and furnace still aren't installed yet, but I've had a propane heater out there that will warm it up to a comfortable temp within about 30 minutes. Hoping to get the new system installed once we start getting some stretches of better weather.

You guys that are using TR, you'll be really happy with their work. For the first 3-4 weeks after they finished mine, Mark and/or Justin would just randomly drop by to check-in and make sure everything was good. The only issues that I had was a very slight leak in my roof and a couple of the windows leaked when we had a massive downpour out here - I didn't even have to call them, they fixed those issues on one of the times that they proactively dropped in.
              70' Chevelle RagTop
              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Reviving. Are you guys talking slab work combined with what these buildings have been costing you?

We are thinking about a 4,000sqft one so we can build out a 2,500 house inside and 1,500 shop/garage on a lot.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                  Reviving. Are you guys talking slab work combined with what these buildings have been costing you?

We are thinking about a 4,000sqft one so we can build out a 2,500 house inside and 1,500 shop/garage on a lot.
                  Yes
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

TR will be pouring my slab on Thursday, ready to get this thing done!
                    30k for 40x50 with 6" slab and 2 big doors.
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I need to find a community where this type of construction is permitted and the norm for main structures to live in.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I need to find a community where this type of construction is permitted and the norm for main structures to live in.
                        small private air strips.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          TR will be pouring my slab on Thursday, ready to get this thing done!
                          30k for 40x50 with 6" slab and 2 big doors.
                          Keep an eye on them...overall, after ~9-months I'm mostly satisfied, but not thrilled. I'm now realizing that they cut some corners on me. If I were building another one I'd probably shop around more and be willing to spend more money. You get what you pay for in the end.
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

don't buy in a "community" just go buy a few acres without restrictions

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                              don't buy in a "community" just go buy a few acres without restrictions
                              Yup, that's about the only option if you want left the hell alone too.
                              Originally posted by MR EDD
                              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                                Keep an eye on them...overall, after ~9-months I'm mostly satisfied, but not thrilled. I'm now realizing that they cut some corners on me. If I were building another one I'd probably shop around more and be willing to spend more money. You get what you pay for in the end.
                                My shop by them is not as nice as my last but the price was a lot better too. My last was a bolt together from Ameristeel. The trim out was a lot better than the TR. I agree with you get what you pay for.
                                2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                                X