Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > God and Country

God and Country Politics and Religion

Old 08-28-2017, 03:56 PM   #101
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmoyer View Post
Gasser - I was only saying ...

I think you may have cited the wrong member, I'd love to have a damn Tesla. Used though, I ain't taking the depreciation of a new car. Then again I'd also love to have a lot of the gasoline cars out there as well.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:15 AM   #102
SS Junk
Lifer

How unfortunate if true... lulz
Quote:
“It’s wrong because everything Gore shows in the new movie happens naturally,” said Spencer, who’s been studying the climate for decades.
http://www.torontosun.com/2017/09/05...ent-sales-data
SS Junk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 08:33 PM   #103
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 06:49 AM   #104
mschmoyer
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
Biased photo
I'm not a liberal, but if I posted liberal links to refute dumb things, your head would explode. Your source: http://conservativefiringline.com/

Front page of that reads like the National Enquirer.

You would have been more convincing leading with this article from the front page:
"Jennifer Lawrence suggests hurricanes ‘Mother Nature’s rage and wrath’ at U.S. for electing Trump — Video"
Old 09-08-2017, 07:47 AM   #105
svauto-erotic855
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Never claimed otherwise.

You downplay the car's features, and it's fine to have a different opinion, but accident avoidance, auto-highway-driving, firing up the AC from your phone without leaving the car running, and the massive torque of an electric motor are a few examples of different features from what most other manufacturers have for a 2013-2016 range of cars (I don't buy new).

The amount of coal-burning required to power an object directly from charging is still less than the effort to pump, refine, transport, and ultimately burn gasoline at a very low efficiency. Even if you think it isn't today, it *can* be an improvement.

Gasser - I was only saying the car was bad ass, but I also don't see how my argument "blew up in my face". Show me another 4-door sedan in the 40-60 price range that is as fast, has similar or better tech features, and doesn't look ridiculous. I haven't researched in years. You could surprise me.
A Tesla's electric motor doesn't have massive torque. What it has is the exact same torque at any point in its operating range including at 1 rpm which it why they feel so fast at tip in. When they are not throttled back to keep things cool I suspect that they may make 460-550 hp at the wheels on the top end model.

Coal and gasoline are burned at the same level of thermal efficiency.

A Tesla that sells for 40-60 thousand is not a 40-60 thousand dollar car. It is closer to a 120 thousand dollar car that is sold with a very hefty government subsidy and is sold at a huge loss to the manufacture.

Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-08-2017 at 05:30 PM.
svauto-erotic855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #106
SBFORDTECH
Lifer

SBFORDTECH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:29 PM   #107
svauto-erotic855
Lifer
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
I can not stop jerking off to this gif.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:27 PM   #108
Strychnine
UNFUCKWITHABLE

Quote:
Post your scientific evidence to the contrary then, with some way for us to find out how many scientists support it. The actual paper, from an actual science-based source, not a conservative opinion piece. I'm open to being wrong if you are... .
Well, https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_relea...-nhf091517.php

Quote:
Dr Richard Millar, lead author and post-doctoral research fellow at the Oxford Martin Net Zero Carbon Investment Initiative at Oxford University, said: 'Limiting total CO2 emissions from the start of 2015 to beneath 240 billion tonnes of carbon (880 billion tonnes of CO2), or about 20 years' of current emissions, would likely achieve the Paris goal of limiting warming to 1.5C above pre-industrial levels.'

'Previous estimates of the remaining 1.5C carbon budget based on the IPCC 5th Assessment were around four times lower, so this is very good news for the achievability of the Paris targets,'
I mean, that's a giant difference when we're talking about the budgets of entire nations.

We had this:

Quote:
@elonmusk 2m2 minutes ago
Am departing presidential councils. Climate change is real. Leaving Paris is not good for America or the world.

@mcuban 12m12 minutes ago
1) If Dems are smart, they should call for immediate meetings w POTUS to determine how to get back in the Paris Agreement

2) Call his bluff. Put him on the spot. Make him respond and commit to terms He opened the door. Fix rather than bitch

3)Propose a deal that protects our environment, economy and jobs and gives us flexibility Make him respond point by point. Be transparent

And now we have this:

Quote:
Climate change not as threatening to planet as previously thought, new research suggests

Climate change poses less of an immediate threat to the planet than previously thought because scientists got their modelling wrong, a new study has found. New research by British scientists reveals the world is being polluted and warming up less quickly than 10-year-old forecasts predicted, giving countries more time to get a grip on their carbon output.

An unexpected “revolution” in affordable renewable energy has also contributed to the more positive outlook. Experts now say there is a two-in-three chance of keeping global temperatures within 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels, the ultimate goal of the 2015 Paris Agreement. They also condemned the “overreaction” to the US’s withdrawal from the Paris Climate Accord, announced by Donald Trump in June, saying it is unlikely to make a significant difference.

According to the models used to draw up the agreement, the world ought now to be 1.3 degrees above the mid-19th-Century average, whereas the most recent observations suggest it is actually between 0.9 to 1 degree above

Quote:
We're in the midst of an energy revolution and it's happening faster than we thought
Professor Michael Grubb, University College London:
The discrepancy means nations could continue emitting carbon dioxide at the current rate for another 20 years before the target was breached, instead of the three to five predicted by the previous model. “When you are talking about a budget of 1.5 degrees, then a 0.3 degree difference is a big deal”, said Professor Myles Allen, of Oxford University and one of the authors of the new study.

Published in the journal Nature Geoscience, it suggests that if polluting peaks and then declines to below current levels before 2030 and then continue to drop more sharply, there is a 66 per cent chance of global average temperatures staying below 1.5 degrees. The goal was yesterday described as “very ambitious” but “physically possible”. Another reason the climate outlook is less bleak than previously thought is stabilising emissions, particularly in China.

Renewable energy has also enjoyed more use than was predicted. China has now acquired more than 100 gigawatts of solar cells, 25 per cent of which in the last six months, and in the UK, offshore wind has turned out to cost far less than expected. Professor Michael Grubb, from University College London, had previously described the goals agreed at Paris in 2015 as “incompatible with democracy”.

But yesterday he said: "We're in the midst of an energy revolution and it's happening faster than we thought, which makes it much more credible for governments to tighten the offer they put on the table at Paris." He added that President Trump’s withdrawal from the agreement would not be significant because “The White House’s position doesn’t have much impact on US emissions".

“The smaller constituencies - cities, businesses, states - are just saying they’re getting on with it, partly for carbon reduction, but partly because there’s this energy revolution and they don’t want to be left behind.”

The new research was published as the Met Office announced that a “slowdown” in the rate of global temperature rises reported over roughly the first decade of this century was now over. The organisation said the slowdown in rising air temperatures between 1999 and 2014 happened as a result of a natural cycle in the Pacific, which led to the ocean circulation speeding up, causing it to pull heat down in the deeper ocean away from the atmosphere. However, that cycle has now ended.

Claire Perry, the climate change and industry minister, claimed Britain had already demonstrated that tackling climate change and running a strong economy could go “hand in hand”. “Now is the time to build on our strengths and cement our position as a global hub for investment in clean growth,” she said.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/immediacy...175817468.html

#redtext

Last edited by Strychnine; 09-21-2017 at 06:13 AM.
Strychnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #109
cyclonescott
Time Served

Climate Change. Officials from the former Obama White House are starting to speak out against the corrupt administration now that it is safe to come forward. It?s about time!

The most recent official to come forward is Steven Koonin, the former Undersecretary of the Department of Energy. He is accusing President Obama of fabricating scientific evidence proving ?climate change?.

?What you saw coming out of the press releases about climate data, climate analysis, was, I?d say, misleading, sometimes just wrong,? Koonin told the Wall Street Journal.

According to Koonin, multiple departments responsible for environmental science either misrepresented data or completely fabricated results to justify the policies of the Obama administration.

Scientists at NASA and the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) colluded with press officers to create misleading press releases that supported the former president?s agenda.

(Excerpt) Read more at*https://www.usapoliticstoday.com/off...-change-obama/

Sorry for all of ? marks. I copied this from somewhere else.
cyclonescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 05:17 PM   #110
AnthonyS
Lifer
VIP Member

Road to electric car paradise paved with handouts.....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/straigh...ter-doyle/amp/
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:05 PM   #111
Gasser64
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonescott View Post

Scientists at NASA and the National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) colluded with press officers to create misleading press releases that supported the former president?s agenda.

(Excerpt) Read more at*https://www.usapoliticstoday.com/off...-change-obama/

Sorry for all of ? marks. I copied this from somewhere else.
I still don't see why they can't settle this once and for all by simply checking the farmer's almanac. And here it is:

https://www.almanac.com/weather/history/states

You can check all the recorded temperatures you want, way back to a time when there was no way in hell there was enough industry to be having any effect at all on "climate change". Here in my area of TX, its not any hotter than its ever been. Or colder. Its just... staying inside the same range it always has. Its obviously all bullshit.

Tags
al p drank warm cum, brian has a fever, hipster tree-huggers, nays absorb 2 much heat, svo ghostwriter of "1984", svo phd geologist, svo trained al gore