Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where's the closest 100+ yard range to Plano?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where's the closest 100+ yard range to Plano?

One of the reasons I haven't cared about really building a precision rifle is because I have no fucking clue where I'd take it to shoot.

Currently everything I shoot is only out to 100 yards. If I decide to open my wallet and start building something to reach out and touch, where is the closest place around here I could do that at distances further than 100 yards?
    sigpic

NTSA up in Denton goes out like 300ish I think but you'd have to join as a member or go with one. ETTS near Waxahachi goes out over 1k I think but again is private so you'd have to join. Triple C in Cresson goes to like 2k and is like $40/day for 1k and I think $50/day for 2k. Frisco Gun club has an indoor 100 yard bay.

Those are the only ones I know of, but I'm sure there are others.
    Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Also as a caveat, most places will make you qual to some degree on a 100-200 yard range before they'll let you go on anything longer. ETTS will let you go on the longer ranges if you're with a member.

Comment

B-tactical in Caddo Mills goes out to 300 IIRC. They do require you to qualify.
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
          Also as a caveat, most places will make you qual to some degree on a 100-200 yard range before they'll let you go on anything longer. ETTS will let you go on the longer ranges if you're with a member.
          If you can't hit shit at 100-200 yards you shouldn't even be shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
            If you can't hit shit at 100-200 yards you shouldn't even be shooting.
            What's your definition of "hit shit"?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
              where is the closest place around here I could do that at distances further than 100 yards?
              Here a quick list and they all seem to be W of the metro.

N of Stephenville has 1000 yard

between Denton and Decatur has 1000 yard 1K/yr membership

Outdoor pistol range with 10 & 15-yd target boards. For rifle, 50, 100, and 200-yd distances consisting of 20 outdoor firing lanes with paper & steel targets.

between Sanger and Decatur has 200 yard

by TMS has 100 yard

Comment

Good info. Probably need to sticky this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                  What's your definition of "hit shit"?
                  Hitting your target @ 1MOA.

Comment

Magnum Sports Center in Sanger is a 200 yard range. Not the nicest place I've been to but its close to the house. No membership required and you do not have to qualify.

Random picture I found online.

Comment

Working...
                    X