Building a case counter for my Dillon 650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a case counter for my Dillon 650

I've always wanted a round counter to know how many rounds (or cases) I'm processing. When I do high volume runs I lose count and end up weighing, which is approximate, and just a pain in the ass, honestly. So, I decided to make a simple counter. I need it functional, durable, accurate, and no bullshit. I don't want it in my way. So, I decided to put it in my case feeder. It sits above the loader, and it has a panel that is angled down.

I took the panel off to see if I had enough room. Plenty of room here.

I'm using a simple counter PCB with a blue LED read out. I found the best spot and cut the hole:

Everything mounted:

Wired up:

And done:

Right now I'm running off a mechanical snap action microswitch. I'll be converted to the infrared sensor once I get the logic inverted.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

That's some badass shit, dude.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thats fucking awesome. Time to sell kits.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Very nice

Comment

Nice job, Woz.

Comment

Working...
          X