Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might need an attorney..Walmart fucked up my truck

Really don't need to hear anyone say why did I take it there...its not a drag car. I'm going skiing in 3 weeks so I went to Walmart yesterday to get a few things and to get the oil changed in my 07 Sierra. Been using Walmart since I got the truck to get oil changes and have never had a problem. Until now. There was a long line of cars in front of me so I knew it would be a while so I went in and walked around. It took them nearly 2 hours to get it done...and it took the clerk another 30 minutes to get around to checking me out. Not really paying a lot of attention to what the service people were doing...but as I was walking to my truck which was pulled out of the bay I noticed 2 guys cleaning up what looked like a very bad oil spill in the vicinity of where my truck had been. As I approached my truck I noticed a LOT of oil underneath it...but nothing was dripping from my truck...and I also noticed oil all over the front tire, the step bar, and inner fender..and also on the drivers door handle. Annoyed...but figured they spilled some oil and were lazy. Got into the truck and cranked it up...good oil pressure, they put a new sticker on the windshield for the next oil change (handwritten instead of printed). I drove home with no issue (5 miles on backroads at low speeds) and parked in the garage. Came out around 8pm to go meet some friends and noticed a considerable amount of oil on the ground under the truck. Put key in ignition to crank and LOW OIL scrolled across the dash display. Popped hood and found oil everywhere. Filler cap is on. Pulled dipstick....and NOTHING. NO OIL. This is a 2007 GMC Sierra Z71 with the 5.3 variable displacement V8...and has 90k miles on it. I don't know what the fuck they did....I'm not willing to touch it until it is documented so they can't say I did it. Called the hellhole at 8am and after being passed around to multiple departments the lady finally told me there are NO MANAGERS available until Monday morning which is bullshit. I did not mention anything about the truck when I called. I need advice or if anyone has dealt with a similar issue suggestions on steps to take. I have a feeling this is going to be a nightmare.

Is the filter on it? 6qts of oil went somewhere. Have them come get it fix it and detail it. If you need the truck get your ass under there and fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
      Is the filter on it? 6qts of oil went somewhere. Have them come get it fix it and detail it. If you need the truck get your ass under there and fix it
      To be honest I'm afraid to touch it because I don't want them saying I did it. I have my Grand National and my company truck to drive. I'm going out there to find a manager in a little while...lady on the phone told me there are NO MANAGERS available on the phone which is total bullshit.

Comment

The dipstick doesn't show full to empty, but you can bet it's at least 2-3 quarts down at minimum and probsbly more. I wouldn't have left the spot it was parked in without having at least looked under it. If the guy didn't check to verify the oil filter gasket didn't stick when they pulled the old filter it may have been stuck and casied a leak when they finished and started the truck again.

Comment

There will be someone of authority, but be prepared to get passed around, no one will want this on their plate.

It would have looked better had you gone back in and asked had their been a problem or at the very least taken a few quick pics of the oil and mess. Leave the truck where it is and take photos of the mess underneath and any oil on it or that has blown blown around from your drive. Avoid using the word attorney or lawyer and try to stay calm when talking to them. If they insist they're not responsible, seek legal advice and don't let them be the wiser to it until the lawyer advises you to.

Does your invoice give an indication of who does the service?

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            There will be someone of authority, but be prepared to get passed around, no one will want this on their plate.

It would have looked better had you gone back in and asked had their been a problem or at the very least taken a few quick pics of the oil and mess. Leave the truck where it is and take photos of the mess underneath and any oil on it or that has blown blown around from your drive. Avoid using the word attorney or lawyer and try to stay calm when talking to them. If they insist they're not responsible, seek legal advice and don't let them be the wiser to it until the lawyer advises you to.

Does your invoice give an indication of who does the service?
            No names on the invoice. It does state they checked the oil prior to the service and that it was full..

I contacted the 800 number and after several frustrating automated machines I finally spoke to a lady who speaks English. She told me that regardless of what the people on the phone said...there is ALWAYS a member of management on duty and that I should have been put on the phone with them when I called. She took my information down and told me that THEY would contact me within 3 business days. I told her that they will have to come to my house to get the truck with a tow truck.
            Last edited by ram57ta; 01-13-2019, 02:01 PM.

Comment

I once failed to realize the old filter gasket had stuck on before putting on the new filter and it s*** all it's oil out in the driveway. Kind of wondering why there's oil all over the engine bay though I doubt any damage was really done though

Comment

Dipsticks usually register a quart. It’s possible it’s the wrong filter, or the filter is damaged, or they messed up the adapter. If you don’t want to mess with it you need to contact them first and tell them your truck is leaking oil, that you are going to have it towed to a shop of your chosing on their dime. If they refuse then you will have to lawyer up. Pay to have it fixed out of pocket until it can be settled. I wouldn’t take your truck back there for them to possibly fuck it up worse.
                Take a shit ton of pictures and video.

Comment

Attorney General's Consumer Protection division

Comment

Originally posted by lincolnboy View Post
                    Attorney General's Consumer Protection division
                    done

Comment

Would take it up there pop hood and say “ what is this” refuse to leave until someone handles it. Start videoing it they video you. I have 07 Silverado 180k. Filters are a mother to get off sometimes I put jaws on it and crush the piss out of it getting filter off the housing. They might have had problem and just sent it.
                      Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 01-13-2019, 04:59 PM.

Comment

sure they did not jack up the drain plug. That happened to a friend and she lost a engine after losing all the oil.

Hope they make it right without much trouble.

Comment

Drive up there, find a manager and tell them what happened. Let them know it is at your house with oil all under it and you are afraid to try and drive it as the dipstick is showing no oil. It will need to be towed to where ever to see what the problem is, and that you do not want it started due to the lack of oil and possibility of engine damage.

Comment

I would just check it out myself and fix whatever it is if it's not something big and chalk it up as never take your shit to Walmart. Ever! They could fuck up a naynay rock fight.

Comment

Good luck. Friend of mine had his oil changed in his 80's model diesel Mercedes at a lube shop in lake Worth. He ended up dealing with the insurance company for over a year before they cut him a check. he had to take them to court and everything. He ended up getting screwed because when he transferred the title into his name he claimed he bought it for $1000(back when the dmv asked and didnt just tell you the value). In the meantime he paid to have another motor swapped in. He got a junkyard motor and the total bill was something like $2000. Went to court and the judge said it was only worth the $1000 value he claimed he bought it for minus vehicle depreciation. So, he got a check for something like $800.

Comment

Working...
                              X