No announcement yet.

Rogue One: A Star Wars story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched it a 3rd time last night. Although the quality on the cam version is pretty crappy, I still enjoyed it.

I think some of you want a damned 12 hours worth of story/content in one 2 hour movie.

Comment

I took my boys (6 and 9) to see it yesterday for the first time and my oldest and I really liked it but my youngest wasn't impressed. They did struggle understanding the timeline of the whole thing so I tried to explain it's really SW 3.5 but they didn't care/get it.

I really liked the fact that pretty much everyone died, but we already knew the rebellion lost a ton of people getting those plans. I also liked that it didn't start the same way, no screen scroll, etc. and they really tried to make it a totally different series and movie.
      Originally posted by stevo
      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

As a person who likes the story and idea of star wars, but hated the first 6 movies, I really liked this one.

Comment

Going to see it a second time this afternoon.

Comment

Aaaaaaand it was at least as great the second time. Got to see it in a better theater with better seats, so that didn't hurt. I would love it if every other SW movie was like this. More stand-alone and tiptoes beautifully around the saga.

Comment

Another vote for good movie.

Want to see again.
              Murph

Lots of cars that nobody desires

Comment

Saw it last night and give it an above average.

SPOILER
                I felt some of the droid jokes were forced and it did nothing but do a good job at filling in the blanks. There really wasn’t' a suspenseful moment outside of the potential sniper hit that never happened. I did like that it was blue squadron from the rebels cartoon series that attacked in the end. It explains the squadrons absence in the later movies but it really doesn't explain what happened to the characters from the rebels series.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                  Saw it last night and give it an above average.

SPOILER
                  I felt some of the droid jokes were forced and it did nothing but do a good job at filling in the blanks. There really wasn’t' a suspenseful moment outside of the potential sniper hit that never happened. I did like that it was blue squadron from the rebels cartoon series that attacked in the end. It explains the squadrons absence in the later movies but it really doesn't explain what happened to the characters from the rebels series.
                  There were a bunch of other Rebels cartoon easter eggs too. look them up

I don't think they intended on this bridging the gap from Rebels to A New Hope, it just fits in that timeline

Comment

I'll be re-seeing it tonight in XD and Extreme sound tonight. The first one I just saw in standard since we were at the mall and just caught the first available.
                    Originally posted by Silverback
                    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Spoiler

I liked it, but thought the ending could have been better. I liked that it really was a suicide mission and the entire force died, but thought it could have happened a little differently. Cassian's Spanish accent has me picturing this ending over and over.

Cassian Andor is one of the last survivor of the Rebel attack force. The plans are being beamed to the Alliance ships. He looks around the beach, fires burning, explosions and random blaster fire heard in the distance. Nearby, a few rebel troops continue to exchange fire with Stormtroopers as they make way to rendeveous with Cassian.

Rebel Soldier: "Sir, we were successful, the Alliance has the plans. We need to find a ship and get back to the fleet."

Cassian (in his heavy Spanish accent as he stares up at the Star Destroyer above): "No, my friend. I still have one more job to do. I cannot ask you to go with me, but should you offer, your help I will not refuse. We probably will not survive."

Cut to interior of the Star Destroyer. Some blaster fire is exchanged with Troopers. Most of the Rebels die. Cassian breaks off on his mission.

Cut to a door opening. Cassian walks in. Darth Vader is standing at the window, back to Cassian as he watches the space battle below. The sound of Vader's breathing fills the room.

Cassian: "Many years I have waited for this moment. You do not recognize me?"

Vader stands there, just breathing.

Cassian: "Many years ago my father was a Jedi knight serving the old Republic. He was a peace keeper and ambassador on many missions. Jedi then were forbidden attachments, forbidden love. On one of these missions he met my mother and they fell in love. His duty to the Jedi forced my father to keep their love a secret. Eventually I was born. My father visited often."

Vader still standing, watching, and breathing.

Cassian: "During the end of the war, the order was given to kill all of the Jedi. My father survived, but found himself on the run for several years, evading Stormtroopers, Assassins, and Bounty Hunters. Eventually he thought he had outran them and he came back home to be with my mother and me. He was there only a few days. I was in the basement getting some food when a man in black showed up, his face covered by a mask, breathing through a machine."

Vader turns and looks at Cassian, but says nothing.

Cassian: "I watched from below as you struck down my father and my mother with your blade. You never said a word. My father, he tried to defend himself, but he was not fast enough. He died protecting me. I watched you turn and leave and swore my revenge"

Cassian turns on his father's lightsaber, a blue glow illuminates his face from below.

Cassian: "My name is Cassian Andor. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

A short lightsaber fight ensues. Cassian looses quickly. Vader leaves the room to pursure the Rebel ship holding the Death Star plans.
                      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Lol, that was a long walk for a short drink of water man.

Comment

Working...
                        X