Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
    It's all funny until it happens to you.
    I'm not laughing, I hired a guy to do mechanic work for me (Big Matt told me not to). I hired him at my body shop back in the day, he put the motor back in the Cobra (I had it already bullet proofed), he bent the heater core nubs, didn't set the motor in correctly (crooked) that rubbed the PS metal hose causing it to leak and the entire PS unit to be replaced since you just can't buy the metal hose. Only put in a pint of fluid back in the Tremec, he said it was full, I burned it up a year later, Slim said he couldn't even rebuild it, I had to buy a whole new Tremec.
    He didn't install the JLP valvebody in my Lightning correctly, fucked the transmission up on the first drive, had to buy a whole new 4R100 from Ford. I could go on, but I'm already depressed just thinking about all the money I lost with that Clown...

Originally posted by Big A View Post
    Those sneaky japs...
    hahaha!
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by jluv View Post
      The temp gauge in my F250 starts cold (obviously), and then once the engine gets to 150 or so, it's dead center. From there, the temp can go between 180-220 and the needle never budges off of center. It really only moves past dead center if the truck truly overheats, which I'm guessing is >250, and then it goes straight from center to pegged. So really, it only displays three measurements - cold, "normal", and way too hot. I'd imagine that's probably pretty standard with lots of vehicles. I watch all my shit with a CTS monitor, anyway.
      thats exactly how the vw works.

Comment

• Worked in a tle when I was young and it was actually fun. Kids would fuck up sometimes leave a cap off etc. Was handled rather quickly and easy.

Had some double o ring on filters but no engines when I was there. The mistake you made was leaving. It'll be a battle from here on out. Also depends on management. When I was there things got handled rather well. Usually have a shop check it out and we would pay the bill etc. Kids are fucking retards at putting lug nuts on.

Good luck and hope it works out. Something like this would and should have went like this. Have shop check it out, steam clean motor and gift cards. That's how it would have been handled in 99-00

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren M View Post
          So it is their policy to NOT advise a customer of an existing problem as critical as an oil leak? One that could implicate them in the future? I call BS on that. A reasonable person would say "Hey, Mr. Customer! Your truck is FUBAR and we aren't touching it!"
          Yes, that is the policy, or at least it was when I worked there.

My driving record was all fucked up at one point and no shop would hire me.as a.tech because their ins wouldn't let me test drive customer cars. I ended up going to Wally world and working in the lube center. I was in the pit draining oil on a car and was looking around inspecting stuff because its second nature to do so. A ball joint had come completely apart and I was surprised the wheel hadn't folded under and destroyed the strut already. This car was not safe to drive.

I wrote down the issue on the ticket and wrote the the vehicle should not be driven till fixed because it was dangerous. I got my ass reamed by the service manager for writing it down and telling the customer. I was told that I was hired to change oil and that's it. Do not look at anything else, drain the oil and replace the filter and that's it. I told the guy that was bullshit and that I would make sure not to say anything if his wife's car was falling apart next time she came in. He changed my schedule 3 days in a row so that it showed that I came in late, then he fired me for tardiness. After I threatened the store .manager with bringing every news crew I could get to his office he coughed up a nice size severance check. FUCK WALMART AND THEIR SHIT POLICIES.
          "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

• It seems like being a pit boy would be among the lowest of the low when it comes to jobs, similar in status to junior fry cook at a McDonalds. Shame is it's actually very important that it be done correctly.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
              It seems like being a pit boy would be among the lowest of the low when it comes to jobs, similar in status to junior fry cook at a McDonalds. Shame is it's actually very important that it be done correctly.
              Actually, when it came to that job they wanted the person with the most experience down there because they figured that person was least likely to cross thread the drain plug or screw up the filter. The real idiot's are the ones relegated to cleaning the windows and topping the fluids. Hell, I used to drain the oil, throw on a new filter, then go up top, fill the oil and check the level myself. This way I knew the oil change itself was done correcty. But yeah, I had all my ASE certs at the time and they basically told me to forget everything except how to change oil. Since the mid 90s the only thing i go to a quick lube place for is an inspection.
              "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Working...
              X