X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 lawn thread!

What do you guys use for winter weeds?
    "PSH!!!"

Speakin of, I just moved to a house w/Bermuda and have never had a lawn w/anything other than St Augustine, so Imma need some pro tips yall. It has lotsa clover in the front and nothing but mud in the back, so I'll need to seed it, but it's a small area.

Comment

The pre-emergent I put out last fall so far has kept anything from emerging. Mainly lots of clover.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
        Speakin of, I just moved to a house w/Bermuda and have never had a lawn w/anything other than St Augustine, so Imma need some pro tips yall. It has lotsa clover in the front and nothing but mud in the back, so I'll need to seed it, but it's a small area.
        You can use roundup on dormant Bermuda, but mine has yet to go fully dormant this year.

If it’s a small area, Home Depot/Lowe’s normally has sod squares pretty cheap in the spring.. I’ve seeded before with OK results but the seed is pretty expensive and takes a while..

Buy some MSMA for the summer to kill dallisgrass
        "PSH!!!"

Comment

My fucking dog dug holes all throughout my backyard so it looks like the cratered face of the moon. That son of a bitch
          WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            My fucking dog dug holes all throughout my backyard so it looks like the cratered face of the moon. That son of a bitch
            HA!

Comment

My backyard is fucked from watching my sister-in-law's 8 month old Mastiff with him and my 3 year old lab running around like fucking idiots a couple of weeks ago when it rained for like a week solid. It's still a mud pit with dog paw prints everywhere. The good news is that I have no weeds anywhere, TruGreen still doing their job.

Originally posted by stevo
              Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

That’s pre emergent working at its finest!
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                  This!
                  Or turned it into a mud pit like mine has.

Comment

Has anyone found anything that’s not $200 that will treat poa annua after its germinated? My dogs like to kick after they pee and poop and I think they broke the barrier as where they go to the bathroom is full of weeds, rest of the yard is brown as it should be
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Just wanted to let u guys that live up north that buc-ees in Corinth has ethanol free fuel for 2.99 a gallon 92 octane at the pump .. I think that would be better for the equipment since ethanol seems to love to fuck up carburetors and fuel lines.
                      "PSH!!!"

Comment

yeah, it pisses of anything with a carb for sure, my weedeater needs a carb cleaning now.
                        Originally posted by stevo
                        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                          yeah, it pisses of anything with a carb for sure, my weedeater needs a carb cleaning now.
                          I don’t even bother cleaning 2 stroke carbs anymore. You can get almost any small engine carb on amazon and eBay for under 20 and a lot of times will come with new fuel lines, plug and filter. I bought a zama carb for my echo trimmer at Frisco lawn and power and it was 65, if I didn’t need it that day. The same one is on amazon for dirt cheap.. I do a little lawn care biz in the colony/Frisco in the summer and I’ve learned to work on my own shit.. soo much cheaper and only very basic tools needed.
                          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            Just wanted to let u guys that live up north that buc-ees in Corinth has ethanol free fuel for 2.99 a gallon 92 octane at the pump .. I think that would be better for the equipment since ethanol seems to love to fuck up carburetors and fuel lines.
                            last i had seen it was 87 unless they changed it. The location is in denton.

Comment

I also thought it was 87 but I noticed last week it was 92. Maybe they changed it.

Comment

Working...
                              X