Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Tips for smoking a Turkey? - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips for smoking a Turkey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
    I haven't seen someone suggest a QOTD in forever, but here's my submission.
    lol.

Also, you can brine, you can inject, you can do both if you like. Just make sure your brine/injection compliment each other. If you rub, peel the skin back and rub under the skin. Otherwise, you're only really seasoning the skin. If you inject, inject along the bone. Poultry pulls moisture and flavor from the bones as it cooks. So inject along the legs, breast plate, wings, etc.
    Originally posted by BradM
    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
    Originally posted by Leah
    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Brining makes a huge difference. I would try it if you have never done it.

Comment

Just brine and smoke, it's easy and really hard to fuck up.

When doing a whole turkey you need to check two temperatures. first the center fattest part of the breast, done is 160-165. second the fattest part of the thigh, this you need to get to 175-180.

If the turkey breasts reach temp well before the thighs, take a piece of foil and lightly cover the top of the turkey down to the legs, to prevent the skin from burning and the breasts from drying out.

Comment

Just inject and season. With a little smoke and 5 to 6 hours later hopefully you get something that looks like this.

Comment

Last year, right before Thanksgiving I got a FREE 18.5 lb turkey. Yeah, you read that right…FREE! I hadn’t planned on it. I wasn’t expecting it. It was one of those promotion…

There's my buddy Jason's blog the night he smoked a turkey, he brined and injected. He wrote up a pretty good blog on it. He smokes on a Big Green Egg.

yes, that's me with turkey leg and breast in hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              lol, look at Cliff trying to pull a John.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Does anyone here de-bone the back out of the turkey, leaving the bones in the breast, legs and wings? I have done this every year for a long time, seems to speed up cooking plus you get to use the back-bone for stock to use in other dishes.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

subscribed... i wanna try one this year.

anyone know where to buy cheap turkey legs? I'll usually get them at Kroger/Albertsons..
                  Originally posted by 03trubluGT
                  Your opinion is what sucks.
                  You are too stupied and arrogant

Comment

Working...
                  X