Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribs

Did the brisket now I want to try my hand at ribs. I'm thinking beef cause they're so cheap. Who's here has smoked some? My barber was telling me to rub them down with some vinegar first but that was for pork ribs. I'm gonna start reading up on ribs now to see what I find
    .....bro....

I don't like ribs, but I am still in for this thread. My wife and the rest of the family like them. But most of them like pork ribs.

Comment

This link has good reading material for prepping/cooking beef ribs.

Comment

Go get a package of pork ribs from Sams (3 sides to a pack vs. 2 found most places) and follow the instructions below. For seasoning I apply a thin coat of mustard and moderate amount of Snyder's BBQ seasoning.
        3-2-1 Method.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I don't like ribs, but I am still in for this thread. My wife and the rest of the family like them. But most of them like pork ribs.
          Don't like ribs? What the fuck is wrong with you?
          How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
            Don't like ribs? What the fuck is wrong with you?
            Too messy and too much work for little food.

Comment

X2. Taste good but I'm not a big rib eater for these reasons.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

If they're done right, they'll fall right off of the bone. Then you can eat them with a fork and not have to worry about dirtying your precious little hands.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I'm down to see where this goes.
                  Why put off till tomorrow what you can put off till the next day?
                  -Fred Sanford

Comment

I've found that using mustard to create a paste on ribs will ruin a rack of pork ribs with a quickness. I make my own rub, cook low and slow. And I wait til the last minute and a half or so to hit it with the sauce.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                      If they're done right, they'll fall right off of the bone. Then you can eat them with a fork and not have to worry about dirtying your precious little hands.
                      Stop fantasizing about my hands. I just don't like eating something that will almost guarantee my clothes get messy. Normally if these are being served i am in a good t-shirt at least.

Comment

I wouldn't smoke beef ribs personally, they are more suited to braising. Go with pork but don't go crazy with the smoke or they'll end up bitter. Pork shoulders are a lot cheaper than ribs though and when done right they are like crack!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                          I wouldn't smoke beef ribs personally, they are more suited to braising. Go with pork but don't go crazy with the smoke or they'll end up bitter. Pork shoulders are a lot cheaper than ribs though and when done right they are like crack!
                          I had the beef ribs at Black's in Lockhart, smoked, and they were the best damb beef ribs I've ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
                            Beef ribs are cheap and delicious, just cook them low and slow. I like to smoke them between 200-225.

Comment

I've used mustard on mine,but only a thin layer. Never had any where it didn't taste good. I put on my seasoning and smoke away. They come out pretty damn good,even on a cheap ass vertical smoker I have.LOL Need to get me a better one.

Comment

Working...
                              X