Food dehydrator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food dehydrator?

Looking to get one of these and wonder if anybody has any experience with them. Probably be used mostly to make beef jerky or maybe some dried fruits. We looked at a few at Fry's but don't really know what to look for in a good one.
    Originally posted by Nash B.
    Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

I just got one last weekend for Fathers Day. I just started so i wont be much help. But mine is from Cabeals and i've make 6lbs of Venison jerky so far. I love it!
    You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

I didn't think there was a whole lot of options these days. As long as the airflow is good it'll work.

Comment

look at the better brands, than the cheap ones.

I bought a cheap one from Walmart - 30-50 dollar range, I think it was a Ronco. It made great jerky, etc. Just after one wash in the dishwasher, which it said "dishwasher safe", it warped and was unusable.

I've heard ok reviews of the one's Cabela's sells

Here's a good site with some reviews, i'm not sure if who runs it, it could be a manufacturer for all i know

Comment

Working...
        X