Smoked and finished in oven:Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoked and finished in oven:Brisket

Smoked 3 hours 225 finished in oven @ 300 for bout 3hours wrapped up...sound like a good plan? Any different tweaks? I'm on a time crunch or I would do it my regular way...

Gonna be chewy as hell, that's not near long enough cook time. I smoke our brisket for roughly 16-18 hours and its delicious and tender.

Comment

As long as internal temp reaches ideal should be fine I would think

Comment

Yea it will be safe to consume but the meat will be tough. My brisket comes out like a pot roast its so moist and tender. Just my personal preference.

Comment

Mine does too on a slow roll guess I'll just stay up with it majority of night and let it slow roll while I take a few hour nap

Comment

The hot and fast method works pretty well and wins at competitions all the time.

Cook the brisket at 325-350 until it reaches 165, then wrap with foil and continue cooking at that temp til it reaches 190. Then wrap the foil wrapped brisket in towels, and place in an empty cooler for 1-2 hours.

I've done it before and honestly it was just as good as a 12-15 hours brisket. If you want to make sure you get smokey flavor, use mesquite wood.
            Last edited by Silverback; 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM.

Comment

i wound up babysitting it for first 3 hours, placed some wood in the box, and let it roll for the next 4 hours unattended and it was at 220 when i woke up lmao! so i finished it off this morning..turned out to be one of my better ones ive cooked...ill for sure try your route on the next one with the oven, sounds like it will cut down on my smoker babysitting time...

Comment

Or get a smoker that holds the temperature better so you're not clock watching the thing. Once I get my WSM up to temperature I usually don't go back to check it for 3-4 hours.

Comment

I'd smoke for 4 hours. A little heavy on the smoke depending on the wood. Then in the oven at 250 for at least 6. To me that's pushing it . I smoke for 10. Then in the oven wrapped at 225 till I get up the next morning .

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
                  Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                    I'd smoke for 4 hours. A little heavy on the smoke depending on the wood. Then in the oven at 250 for at least 6. To me that's pushing it . I smoke for 10. Then in the oven wrapped at 225 till I get up the next morning .

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Total cook time depends on the weight as well, not just temperature. If you're throwing a 6# brisket in the smoker for 4 hours and then another 6 hours at 250* in the oven it's probably going to be overdone, IMO. Same time, if you have a larger brisket, say 10#, it probably won't be done in 10 hours.

Comment

Working...
                    X