No announcement yet.

Don't ask Don't Tell is dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem is that if I (yes, I fall under the UCMJ also) openly talk about my sexual desires or talk about some sexual acts or make some sexual jokes, etc., then I'd be in a world of shit for inappropriate conduct or sexual harrassment. It is a big problem in the military and people turn others in all the time. Now how is it different for a fag to say he accepts a dick in his mouth or ass? Hypocracy at its finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
      The problem is that if I (yes, I fall under the UCMJ also) openly talk about my sexual desires or talk about some sexual acts or make some sexual jokes, etc., then I'd be in a world of shit for inappropriate conduct or sexual harrassment. It is a big problem in the military and people turn others in all the time. Now how is it different for a fag to say he accepts a dick in his mouth or ass? Hypocracy at its finest.
      Well, tongue in cheek misogyny is one thing, and I'm sorry you work with bitchy tattle-tails. I would think that if you can take a dick, you can take a joke.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I don't think any self respecting service man or woman is going to be "flaming." Simply put, people that join the military generally do it for a purpose. Generally that purpose is to serve his or her country. The dangerous part of this whole issue is that one guy, "that fucking guy," that joins to make a statement, be an activist, or provocateur a lawsuit for "discrimination." It's also incredibly dangerous for one "homophobe" to beat up/torture/say the wrong thing and this whole system will crumble. If the military is a job/career, nobody should be talking about who they are banging, straight or gay. This turmoil and tension could literally rip our military apart. The left will cry fowl, the right will say they shouldn't be in there in the first place.

I am not, nor have ever been, in the military so I really don't have a say. However, If I we're in combat I wouldn't care if the guy next to me smoked pole or not as long as I could count on him the same way he could count on me.

CLEARLY, this is a stepping stone for all other gay rights. I guess it is the libertarian in me, but I couldn't care less if gay people want to get married, serve openly in the military, or whatever else they do. As long as they leave me alone and aren't trying to push their beliefs on me or my family.

Bottom line, as long as the flamers in the military do their job, I don't have an issue with it. If we left these ridiculous wars and international problems to the people who caused them, we wouldn't be talking about cock smokers and muff divers. Instead we ALWAYS get in other peoples/countries business and it always ends up biting us in the ass.

Comment

I dont really care if they join. But why the change? Nobody cares if fags are in the military. The fact that they are demanding legislative legitimacy is what ticks me off. What purpose does being allowed to be openly gay in the military other than to make a statement?

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
            I dont really care if they join. But why the change? Nobody cares if fags are in the military. The fact that they are demanding legislative legitimacy is what ticks me off. What purpose does being allowed to be openly gay in the military other than to make a statement?
            The only legitimate purpose the new legislation serves is, they won't get kicked out for the stupidest reason on the books anymore. That's all I hope this legislation amounts to. The thing you'll be right about though, is that liberals will crow from the roof tops about one more thing they got done.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hey All! If you don't recognize the user name, it's because I'm new here...first post.

Now, excuse me, but I think this is the same thing as having Males and Females co-exhisting in the same dormatories. Would the females put up with men living in their dorms, without complaining? I don't think so... To me, this is like having a 3rd and 4th sex, they should have their own set of dorms, showers, and latrines.

Also, I think this is amending a contract without consulting and getting the permission of both parties prior to amendment. Personally, if I was still in the military, this would make me re-think my enlistment and I would get out as quickly as possible. The last thing I want is some guy openly checking out my "junk" in the showers, and that's exactly what it will come to.

Comment

Im with Yale on this. Im glad to know the country wont turn them down because of who they like to screw. I dont care if they screw electrical outlets on their free time, if they want to pick up a rifle to defend their country then they should be allowed to.

I honestly thought the whole hating on gays thing was a religious thing so seeing Dave jump on that side surprises me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
                  Im with Yale on this. Im glad to know the country wont turn them down because of who they like to screw. I dont care if they screw electrical outlets on their free time, if they want to pick up a rifle to defend their country then they should be allowed to.

I honestly thought the whole hating on gays thing was a religious thing so seeing Dave jump on that side surprises me.
                  I just pick on hot topics to take a side on to stimulate interesting conversation...I really have no strong opinion one way or another or things like religion or fags or whatever...what does piss me off, however, is the way the liberals are shitting on this country and getting away with it.

Comment

Once again, you don't even hesitate to make it about religion. You and DOHCTR are absolutely obsessed with making anything you disagree with a "Christian" thing. Believe it or not, even some straight atheists don't feel comfortable serving beside people that have chosen to make deviant sexual behavior the cornerstone of their persona. Especially now that they aren't restricted in expressing it.
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I wonder if you can still be charged under the UCMJ for fucking an animal? Where do we draw the line between "acceptable" and "unacceptable" deviant behavior?
                      - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                      1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by 03WhiteGT View Post
                        never
                        Talk to obama.
                        He signed it.

Stevo
                        Originally posted by SSMAN
                        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Once again, you don't even hesitate to make it about religion. You and DOHCTR are absolutely obsessed with making anything you disagree with a "Christian" thing. Believe it or not, even some straight atheists don't feel comfortable serving beside people that have chosen to make deviant sexual behavior the cornerstone of their persona. Especially now that they aren't restricted in expressing it.
                          Isnt it Christians that using the excuse that the bible says a man shouldnt lay with another man as an excuse to hate? I have yet to hear that from a fellow atheist.

Comment

If they want to be different, they should have their own showers and barracks. I can't just hang out with the chicks in the showers and I don't think it is cool to be constantly around guys who WANT to see dick and ass all day. There is a reason they seperate males from females in a lot of situations (showers, tents...etc...generally speaking).

I don't know, I think a lot of folks who support this tend to have gay tendencies anyway. I maybe ignorant, but I'm set on this one and if I were 18, enlisting again....depending on how things go....this really would've been a road block for me enlisting.

Before yall go off half cocked about people like me not being missed in the military, you're wrong. It is mostly people like me that make the military successful. Self motivated, above average intelligence, physical and so forth.

I really hope that this get policed internally and nothing really comes of it. If it goes extreme and has an effect on enlistment, it could go even more extreme to things like the draft or other problems.

Of course, they just may change to rainbow BDUs and everyone just is happy and gay-gay, not just happy gay.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I've heard the Navy's motto is, "Never leave your buddy's behind"

Comment

Isnt it Christians that using the excuse that the bible says a man shouldnt lay with another man as an excuse to hate? I have yet to hear that from a fellow atheist.
                                Look at your posts. Look at yourself. Tell me who is full of hatred and loathing. Don't project your frustrations and animosity onto others.

The simple fact is, this law introduces unneeded, unwarranted, and undesired complications into military life. The armed forces are in the business of removing all individuality and building a fighting force. Now they have to deal with "HR" issues related to promoting sexual behavior to a protected status.
                                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                                X