Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lone Survivor and American Sniper movies coming

I saw on Fox4 that Steven Spielberg has signed on to do a movie about Chris Kyle based on his "American Sniper" book. It will have Bradley Cooper playing Kyle. Also while looking on that I found there is a movie based on Marcus Luttrell's book "Lone Survivor" that shows a 2013 release date(Nov. probably) according to IMDB.com

The American Sniper movie is just getting off the ground to have much info on it thus far. The Lone Survivor movie is being directed by Peter Berg and has Mark Wahlberg(Luttrell), Taylor Kitsch(Michael Murphy), Emile Hirsch(Danny Dietz), and Ben Foster (Matthew Axelson) as the 4 SEALs that were dropped into the moutain ranges to search for Taliban leader, Ahmad Shahd

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2179136/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/
    sigpic

Bradley motherfucking Cooper? Really? Not even close. How about casting someone that is a current type casted star.

Chris Kyle and Marcus Luttrell are both large dudes in real life. Cooper is not, nor close.

Mark Whalberg? wtf, too short but closer.

If done right, I will there. Hell even if not done right, but I won't be happy about it.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
      Bradley motherfucking Cooper? Really? Not even close. How about casting someone that is a current type casted star.

Chris Kyle and Marcus Luttrell are both large dudes in real life. Cooper is not, nor close.

Mark Whalberg? wtf, too short but closer.

If done right, I will there. Hell even if not done right, but I won't be happy about it.
      Leonidas

Comment

Ever since I read Lone Survivor I had hoped there would be a movie made about it. I'll be there whenever it is released!

Comment

Originally posted by BLK306 View Post
          Ever since I read Lone Survivor I had hoped there would be a movie made about it. I'll be there whenever it is released!
          I enjoyed Lone Survivor more than I did American Sniper. But I believe both would make entertaining movies.

I remember loaning the book to my dad before he passed away in the hospital a couple of years back. The book was so vivid and well written (my opinion) that when I asked him about what he thought about it he said it was a good movie and I had to tell him that it wasn't a movie but a book I loaned to him. He had to think about it for a bit before he realized I was right.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
            Leonidas
            That dude isn't that tall. I'd like to see Chris Pratt as Chris Kyle:

He's already played a Seal, and he favors Chris Kyle somewhat. Fuck it though, I'm dreaming. I'll see both of those movies.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Dolf Lundgren as Chris Kyle.

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Sensing it could have a strong year-end awards season contender, Universal has decided to platform its January 10th wide release of its Afghanistan war drama Lone Survivor with a 12/27 limited (LA/NY) debut. The shift will qualify the film for Oscars and other awards and get critical and audience word-of-mouth out there before the broader previously announced early 2014 release. Having seen the Peter Berg-directed true story in unfinished form, the move makes sense for a film that, despite unrelenting graphic violence that is hard to watch at times, really packs the kind of emotional punch that should play well with awards voters.

Coming off the box office disaster of Battleship, the movie represents a strong return to form for Berg that is more in line with what he did on 2004′s Friday Night Lights than the aforementioned 2012 bloated blockbuster. The film, which stars Mark Wahlberg, Ben Foster, Emile Hirsch, Eric Bana and Taylor Kitsch (who also finds redemption after facing critical brickbats for both John Carter and Battleship), is a riveting story of four Navy SEALs involved in an ill-fated covert mission to thwart a high-level Taliban operative when they are ambushed by enemy forces in the Hindu Kush region of Afghanistan. Notwithstanding some of the most intense and realistic battle scenes in recent memory, it goes beyond the average war film in fleshing out real three-dimensional human beings caught up in the moral consequences of war, and in that way is more reminiscent of past Best Picture Oscar winners like Platoon (1986) and Universal’s own The Deer Hunter (1978). One scene in particular is riveting to watch in which the SEALS, weighing their own chances of survival, collectively must decide if a small group of locals should live or die. Certainly the film presents moral dilemmas that will cause strong debate. It is based on the New York Times bestseller, Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account Of Operation Redwing And The Lost Heroes Of SEAL Team 10 by Marcus Luttrell (with Patrick Robinson), the Navy SEAL portrayed in the film by Wahlberg.

During the studio’s presentation at April’s Cinemacon, Universal Chairman Adam Fogelson told theater owners, “we have seen the first cut of (Peter Berg’s ) next film Lone Survivor and it is soulful, gritty, tough, emotional and, quite frankly, remarkable”. Due to that “gritty” nature it is probably not the easiest of sells and will need that kind of unqualified studio backing to gain real traction in an awards race that is already shaping up as very competitive.

The studio, which was in the Oscar game last year with 8 nominations (including Best Picture) and 3 wins for Les Miserables, is currently planning its 2013 awards season which, in addition to the just-added Lone Survivor, is also likely to include director Ron Howard‘s auto racing drama, Rush, another real-life story depicting the 70′s track rivalry of Formula 1 drivers Niki Lauda and James Hunt. Despite top tech credits (it was brilliantly shot by Slumdog Millionaire’s Oscar winner Anthony Dod Mantle) it really has more of the feel of an indie film for Howard, a real passion project that contains strong performances from Chris Hemsworth and particularly Daniel Bruhl as Lauda. It definitely could be a contender in several categories. A September 20th release, Universal will likely – and should – first take this somewhere on the Fall fest circuit, probably Toronto.

Comment

I think Lone Survivor will make a better movie and I know Marcus has been doing some help with the movie. I cannot fathom how tough it must be to have to relive those days over again.

And yeah it is going to be hard to see Wahlberg as Marcus with Wahlberg being 5'8" and Luttrell being something like 6'4" 250. I am sure they will play with camera angles to make him look taller. I would have liked to see only Americans playing the SEALs but Eric Bana has proven his worth in Black Hawk Down and has done some work for our soldiers so he gets a pass. And with all the actors from New York could they not find someone other than a freakin Canadian to play Murph?

Either way I will be watching them both

Comment

Daniel Craig as Chris Kyle.

Comment

There is the first trailer for the Lone Survivor movie. I believe that Marcus has been on the set and keeping up with progress when he can. Not sure if how much, if any, input he has had. I would assume quite a bit. The trailer looks decent, nothing that knocks you off of your feet. Either way, I will be going to see it.
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

^^^just got chilly in here. Having read the book, I really hope they stay true to the ACTUAL events as experienced and told by Marcus.

Comment

Ah beat me to it. Just saw the trailer on YouTube and was about to post it up here. Ya I hope they stay true to the book, it was very well written. Not to belittle Chris Kyle but I didn't enjoy his book American Sniper nearly as much as I did Lone Survivor. Something about the style it was written in but I just thought Lone Survivor was better. Anyway, can't wait for this to come out. Any idea when it hits the theaters?

Edit, you saw this on iMDb.

Release Date:
                            10 January 2014

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                              ^^^just got chilly in here. Having read the book, I really hope they stay true to the ACTUAL events as experienced and told by Marcus.
                              Glad I'm not the only one that got the chills watching that.
                              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Working...
                              X