The Avengers: Age of Ultron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Avengers: Age of Ultron

The Marvel Studios panel just let out minutes ago, where the studio showcased its upcoming Marvel Phase Two sequels Thor: The Dark World and Captain America: The Winter Soldier. However, at the end of the panel, Marvel's The Avengers director Joss Whedon hit the stage, revealing that The Avengers 2 title is The Avengers: Age of Ultron!

In the Marvel comic books, Ultron is considered to be one of the greatest creations of scientist Henry Pym, a.k.a Ant-Man. The sentient robot is dedicating to eradicating the human race once and for all. The robot's violent tendencies are said to spring from both Pym's intellect and mental instability.

Of course, The Avengers: Age of Ultron, the last movie in Marvel's Phase Two, will lead perfectly into the first Phase Three movie, Ant-Man, directed by Edgar Wright and slated for release on November 6, 2015, just six months after The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron hits theaters on May 1, 2015.

Joss Whedon is directing from his own screenplay, which has already been confirmed to include superhero siblings Quicksilver, a role which Aaron Taylor-Johnson is believed to have landed, and Scarlet Witch. Thanos, who appeared at the very end of Marvel's The Avengers, was thought to be the villain in this sequel, but that doesn't seem to be the case now.

We'll keep you posted with any further news regarding The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron as soon as more information is released.
    The Avengers: Age of Ultron comes to theaters May 1st, 2015 and stars Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Robert Downey Jr., Scarlett Johansson, Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Cobie Smulders, Mark Ruffalo. The film is directed by Joss Whedon.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

And Ant-Man is going to be directed by Edgar Wright? SCORE!
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Damn! We have to wait 2 years?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
        Damn! We have to wait 2 years?!?!?!
        That's b/c there's another Thor & Captain America coming out before then.

Comment

Isn't Ultron the one who makes the sentinels in the books? The same sentinels that the new x men movie is based on? Along with time travel?? Could there be a mega combination coming?

Comment

I heard there was time travel in the new xmen movie??

Some marvel guys go into the future to try to stop Ultron while wolverine and some xmen go into the past to stop his creation?

Comment

In the Marvel comic books, Ultron is one of the creations of scientist Henry Pym, a.k.a Ant-Man. He becomes hell bent on destroying humanity. Are you getting him confused with Nimrod? There haven't been any plans to merge the two franchises. Although both will have quicksilver played by different a actors.
              I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
              If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Nimrod is the machine that travels through time in X-men. I don't know about Avengers. I actually know nothing about Ultron. I was never a big Avengers fan. They always were a little old school for my taste.

Comment

I thought that in the Ultron series that the x men and avengers were both basically decimated for the most part by him waging war from the future?

We know that Xmen will have sentinels and time travel, we know that avengers will have ultron. Are there more sentinels from Xmen franchise that I am forgetting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Ultron

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
                    I thought that in the Ultron series that the x men and avengers were both basically decimated for the most part by him waging war from the future?

We know that Xmen will have sentinels and time travel, we know that avengers will have ultron. Are there more sentinels from Xmen franchise that I am forgetting?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_Ultron
                    The only big Sentinel I remember is Master Mold, and i don't remember him time traveling.

The two franchises are owned by seperate companies, Marvel and Fox. I don't see a merge occurring.

Comment

trilogy???

Comment

Awesome! Spader is a badass and seriously underrated actor.

Good news for James Spader – the quirky character actor is coming back in a big way as one of Marvel's ultimate villains.

Spader has just landed the title role in "The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron," the upcoming sequel to 2012's record-setting superhero jamboree.

Ultron is an evil robot that can travel through time and uses his talents to change the present so he can have the upper hand in the future.

But, departing from the comic, writer-director Joss Whedon plans to strip some of Ultron's powers for the upcoming film. "I knew right away what I wanted to do with him," Whedon recently told Entertainment Weekly. "He's always trying to destroy the Avengers, godd--- it, he’s got a bee in his bonnet. He's not a happy guy, which means he’s an interesting guy. He’s got pain. And the way that manifests is not going to be standard robot stuff. So we’ll take away some of those powers because at some point everybody becomes magic."

Spader's Ultron will be making trouble for Marvel's costumed heroes in the movie, including Iron Man, The Hulk, Captain America, and Thor. However, since Ultron is entirely mechanical, it remains to be seen if Spader will be on set in a suit, interacting with his fellow cast members, or if he'll be providing the voice for a CGI creation. So far, Marvel and Disney haven't weighed in on the matter.

Whedon first revealed that Ultron would be the main villain in the "Avengers" sequel during his appearance at San Diego Comic-Con in July. And that Spader will be playing a less powerful Ultron, this should give fans plenty of room to speculate on how the writer-director will approach the character, given Spader's ability to play bad guys who are at once charming and a little creepy.

After rising to fame as a Brat Packer in 1986's "Pretty In Pink" and 1987's "Less Than Zero" (where he played opposite his new nemesis, Iron Man Robert Downey Jr.), Spader wowed critics in the 1989 independent drama "Sex, Lies and Videotape," and developed a reputation for nailing offbeat roles, such as a man obsessed with car wrecks in 1996's "Crash" and the kinky businessman in 2002's "Secretary."

After a long run on the TV series "Boston Legal," Spader seemed to stumble as Robert California, the obtuse idea man who took over for Michael Scott on "The Office" (he was one of the few characters from the series who didn't pop in for the show's grand finale). But Spader impressed audiences and critics last year with a showy role in Steven Spielberg's "Lincoln," and with a new TV series, "The Blacklist," debuting in September.

With "The Avengers 2: The Age of Ultron" on the horizon, it seems safe to say that James Spader is making a late-in-his-career comeback.

"The Avengers: Age of Ultron" is slated to open in theaters on May 1, 2015, while "The Blacklist" premiers on NBC September 23, 2013.

Comment

Voice over or actual live appearance, either way he's going to nail it.

Comment

I remember him in stargate.

Comment

What? No mention of his Oscar caliber role in Manikin?

Comment

Working...
                              X