Guardians of the Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guardians of the Galaxy

James Gunn‘s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy‘ is more than halfway through filming, but like every other Marvel project, it remains shrouded in mystery. The film may be based on some of the company’s most obscure characters, but it’s that unknown factor that makes the whole thing so fascinating to follow. What exactly is ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’? More importantly, who are the Guardians of the Galaxy? For those not steeped in comic book lore, don’t worry. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has some information for you.

Speaking with Empire magazine (via Comic Book Movie), Feige broke down the motivations of the eclectic team. Like the Avengers before them, this seems like a group that seemingly has no reason to be in same room, let alone on the same team, which makes them all the more interesting:

They are an unlikely band. It’s pure circumstance that brings them all together throughout the course of the movie. Rocket has been genetically and mechanically altered, he’s an experiment from one part of the galaxy. Groot is a species that happens to look like trees look, and is quite communicative if you can understand the different inflections in the way he says, “I am Groot.” Peter Quill left Earth in the mid’80s, but when we meet back up with him he’s very much a citizen of the universe. Drax has one goal and one goal only, which is to kill Ronan because of a past tragedy. When we meet Gamora, she’s a bad guy working with Ronan and Nebula and Korath, and by extension for Thanos. Gamora doesn’t necessarily like doing that anymore, and tries to find a new path for herself. But she has a reputation as the deadliest woman in the galaxy that people aren’t greeting her with open arms.

And as far as the bad guys go in this film:

Ronan The Accuser is very much the main bad guy. And Thanos is lurking above it all. You will learn more about Thanos in Guardians, for sure. Certainly you’ll get more than the one turn around and smirk. You’ll get much more than that!

Everything we hear about ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ only makes it sound weirder, crazier and more interesting. This isn’t a traditional superhero movie; it’s an oddball space opera. If it works, it’s because it’s a legitimately good movie, not because we have a prior attachment to these mostly unknown characters. It may be based on a comic, but everything about this movie sounds so fresh and (dare we say it?) original.

‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ will be released on August 1, 2014 and stars Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Benicio Del Toro, Lee Pace, Glenn Close, John C. Reilly and a bunch of other people you really like.
    Originally posted by talisman
    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
    Originally posted by AdamLX
    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Because fuck you, that's why
    Originally posted by 80coupe
    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
    Originally posted by Rick Modena
    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

I wonder which one bautista plays...

Comment

I believe he's playing as Drax.
      I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
      If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by zachary View Post
        I wonder which one bautista plays...
        sarcasm?
        Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
        I believe he's playing as Drax.
        I remember back in the day they would fire up a Guardians series, it would take off, then fizzle after a couple of years. If you would have asked me a couple of years ago I would have never guessed this would be coming down the pipeline...though, with Thanos in the picture it gives them that extension into space to which they can grow,especially since Thanos isn't even the bad guy in AV2.

I just hope when they do make him the bad guy, they don't go down the Infinity Gauntlet storyline.
        2011 Mustang GT
        sigpic

Comment

Line up!

"Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

This is one marvel comic I know NOTHING about.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
              This is one marvel comic I know NOTHING about.
              X2....and wtf is up with the raccoon
              sigpic

Comment

No idea but I already don't trust him...

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Trailer to debut tomorrow.

[The Guardians'] stories converge in the space prison Kyln. After the characters break out, they venture to Knowhere (the severed head of a celestial being that serves as a hangout for aliens) and visit the weird menagerie of the Collector (Benicio Del Toro). They also have to avoid two villains, Ronan (Lee Pace) and Nebula (Karen Gillan), who are in hot pursuit of Quill’s orb, which has the power to destroy the galaxy.

Comment

One of these nerds needs to hurry up and leak that shit.
                      Last edited by YALE; 02-18-2014, 12:58 AM.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Comment

pretty sure the raccoon is actually just Super Mario

Comment

I'll watch it.

Comment

Full trailer

Comment

Working...
                              X