No announcement yet.

Arrival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great flick with a cool twist that makes you go back and rethink the whole movie. Moved slow at times but kept up the suspense, and the slow parts later become integral to the ending.

There were a couple of missed opportunities to drive home a more dramatic or emotional impact, and there was at least one really cheesy part that seemed "tossed in", but it was still a good one.

Forrest Whitaker's accent was awful and completely unnecessary.

Comment

He had an accent??

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
        He had an accent??
        LOL!

Wait, you're joking, right?

Comment

I honestly didn't notice it when watching it in theaters but I just went and listened to a youtube clip of him talking in the movie and I do hear him trying to do some kind of an accent it sounds like.
          2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
            LOL!

Wait, you're joking, right?
            LOL! Sorry man but ya I didn't notice one or I don't remember (it's been a couple of weeks or so since I saw it.

Originally posted by DeddRekoning View Post
            I honestly didn't notice it when watching it in theaters but I just went and listened to a youtube clip of him talking in the movie and I do hear him trying to do some kind of an accent it sounds like.
            Thank you! I'll have to look for a YouTube clip as well now.

Comment

WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                They probably bought the name rights from those guys for like $42 and two slices of pizza. Cheese pizza, and only a medium.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                  LOL! Sorry man but ya I didn't notice one or I don't remember (it's been a couple of weeks or so since I saw it.

It's most noticeable when he's talking to the chick in the beginning at her office. I can't figure out where it's supposed to be from, and it obviously didn't matter to the movie, so it just seems goofy.

Comment

Working...
                  X