Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early March I put THIS down. Scotts website is saying that between now and May 11th I should be putting down Bonus S Weed and Feed. Stick with Scotts or go with something else? I'll be selling my house either this summer or next summer (depending if we buy existing or build custom), so just trying to work on curb appeal. Just throw Milorganite down and make everything nice and green?

Comment

Do both!!
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

So how bad does a lawn have to get before it's better to turn it and sod? The backyard on the house we just bought has been mowed, but that's about it, so it's now a mix of several different grasses and "plants," and to a point where it's not comfortable to walk on barefoot, if that gives you an idea about what I mean by "plants." There one small tree in the corner, so plenty of sunlight, but there isn't an irrigation system, so it's likely that the yard was rarely watered.

Would herbicide be an option here, or are we better of mulching it all, and starting with a new level layer of topsoil?

Comment

What type of mower is everyone rocking?
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
            So how bad does a lawn have to get before it's better to turn it and sod? The backyard on the house we just bought has been mowed, but that's about it, so it's now a mix of several different grasses and "plants," and to a point where it's not comfortable to walk on barefoot, if that gives you an idea about what I mean by "plants." There one small tree in the corner, so plenty of sunlight, but there isn't an irrigation system, so it's likely that the yard was rarely watered.

Would herbicide be an option here, or are we better of mulching it all, and starting with a new level layer of topsoil?
            I put down new sod last year because I didn’t wanna deal with my shit weeds.. it was hard ass work but very satisfying
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
              20” Tru Cut reel with rollers.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                20” Tru Cut reel with rollers.
                Nice!!
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

It was really nice for $150!

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                    It was really nice for $150!
                    Seriously? Jeez you scored!
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

Seriously? Jeez you scored!
                      My one and only Craigslist score.

Comment

Hustler Raptor ZT 60”

Comment

I put down new sod last year because I didn’t wanna deal with my shit weeds.. it was hard ass work but very satisfying
                          The prognosis was as expected, short trim today, chemical death tomorrow, and new sod once I get my game plan together on the retaining wall, back fill, and fence.

Turned the sprinklers on yesterday for the first time to test, and was immediately met with Old Faithful. Looks like I'll be adjusting and replacing sprinkler heads at some point, I'll add it to "the lost, and re-prioritize. The previous owners did literally zero maintenance to this house, it's a nice neighborhood, so they were apparently "those neighbors."

Comment

Alright I've finally come up with a way. For me to not have to do any yard work, and to have a great looking lawn.

Fake grass.

Its looking better and better these days. The shit looks real.
                            WH

Comment

If any of you have seen my remodel thread, you know I've fought a flood in my back yard any time it rains. This led me to all but ignore that area of my yard. Well, with all of the rain in February, I dug a fresh trench under the fence to try and drain water off faster, as my drains couldn't keep up. On the outside of the fence, I found rebar from the sidewalk project along my property that was completed in 2013 I believe. Is ent pics to the city, met with their engineer, and they agreed to fix the grading on the outside of my fence. SCORE!

Here is what I have now:

I had to stay on top of them to get it done as they kept telling me they were to busy to get right on it. I finally offered to take care of it with my resources if they would reimburse me, a group of city workers showed up the next day. That was 3 weeks or so ago, still no sod. They will no doubt lay it while I am on vacation next week :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Where does everyone buy their MSMA?
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X