Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mavs free agency and draft discussion (welcome back TC!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never mind, throw that out the window. Bosh is now looking to sign with Miami for a max deal instead of going to houston. I bet wade does the same.
    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
    Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
      Never mind, throw that out the window. Bosh is now looking to sign with Miami for a max deal instead of going to houston. I bet wade does the same.
      Yep, Bosh signs max 5 year $118m deal with Miami. Can you say overpaid. This is the same guy that went scoreless in one of the Finals games. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player but $118 mil?!? I guess Miami doesn't really have a choice.

I'm reading that this could cause Houston to change their mind on Parsons. I'm hoping this is true. If we don't get Parsons I say just re-sign Marion for $4-5 mil instead of paying $12 mil to Ariza or Deng.

MFFL.
      '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Carter is out, signed 3 year deal with Memphis. Didn't see that coming at all.
        Los Angeles Rams 11-5
        Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
          Yep, Bosh signs max 5 year $118m deal with Miami. Can you say overpaid. This is the same guy that went scoreless in one of the Finals games. Don't get me wrong, he's a really good player but $118 mil?!? I guess Miami doesn't really have a choice.

I'm reading that this could cause Houston to change their mind on Parsons. I'm hoping this is true. If we don't get Parsons I say just re-sign Marion for $4-5 mil instead of paying $12 mil to Ariza or Deng.

MFFL.
          Why not sign Marion and Deng. Marion won't hurt the cap, that contract can go over. Deng or Ariza can start and have Marion off the bench.
          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Carter is out, signed 3 year deal with Memphis. Didn't see that coming at all.
            Just read this as well. Damn! And ya I didn't see it coming. I figured he would stay with the Mavs and hopefully have a chance at a longer playoff run. Memphis is a good team but they are still in the same division as us and have to contend with the same teams. Best of luck and wishes to VC, loved the time he spent here.
            Last edited by Jose; 07-12-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

I'd rather have Ariza than Deng I think. He shot like 40% from 3 last season I think which could help after losing Calderon. I hate losing VC. Helluva team guy since he has been with the Mavs.
              2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

I'm leary of Ariza. He had one somewhat decent season last year which happened to be a contract year. I see Eric Dampier written all over him. I don't think any of these small fowards are worth it. I would seriously consider signing Marion or Pierce to a much smaller deal and look to next year.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
                  I'm leary of Ariza. He had one somewhat decent season last year which happened to be a contract year. I see Eric Dampier written all over him. I don't think any of these small fowards are worth it. I would seriously consider signing Marion or Pierce to a much smaller deal and look to next year.
                  Agreed, and what I was kind of saying. Marion is still a solid player even at 36. I just don't think it's worth paying Ariza or Deng more than twice what you can pay Marion. I'm really hoping Houston doesn't match Parsons.

Sad to see Carter leave. I'll never forget that corner 3 pointer at the buzzer to beat the Spurs in Game 3 this year.

MFFL.
                  Last edited by 2cammer97; 07-12-2014, 06:12 AM.
                  '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

I dont get the VC signing. He wanted to go to contender and also get a decent salary, but Memphis? At least it wasnt OKC.

I'd go after Deng before Ariza. Ariza looks to be flashy, I dont really hear much about him until its that year for him to get paid. Deng is good at defense. Sign him and I guess sign Mo Williams as well. Hes been rumored in Dallas and is good friends with Monta Ellis
                    Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                    Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

With all the moves occurring in the past 24 hours, I don't see Parsons coming to Dallas happening

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        With all the moves occurring in the past 24 hours, I don't see Parsons coming to Dallas happening
                        I get that feeling too.

Comment

You'd think they would already have matched. I wondering if the Mavs sense that with now going after Stevenson from Indiana.

On a side note, FUCK FUCK FUCK VC. FUCK
                          Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                          Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

You'd think they would already have matched. I wondering if the Mavs sense that with now going after Stevenson from Indiana.

On a side note, FUCK FUCK FUCK VC. FUCK
                            Houston is playing mind games with us on purpose The longer they wait, the more likely that other free agents will sign elsewhere thus ruining our chances of getting quality players.

Why would you say that about Vince Carter? We had no verbal agreement with him ala Jason Kidd and he owes us nothing. If anything, we should have made him an offer and got him to commit. But the whole Lebron thing and other free agents waiting to see what happened put everybody on a holding pattern waiting to see what happened.

I believe he made a bad decision though and may regret it if he was hoping for a chance at a championship. Not saying that Dallas is serious contenders to win the championship but we weren't either in 2011.
                            Last edited by Jose; 07-13-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Carmelo is about to sing back with Knicks.
                              Check your self bro , you're not that cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                                Houston is mind games with us on purpose The longer they wait, the more likely that other free agents will sign elsewhere thus ruining our chances of getting quality players.

Why would you say that about Vince Carter? We had no verbal agreement with him ala Jason Kidd and he owes us nothing. If anything, we should have made him an offer and got him to commit. But the whole Lebron thing and other free agents waiting to see what happened put everybody on a holding pattern waiting to see what happened.

I believe he made a bad decision though and may regret it if he was hoping for a chance at a championship. Not saying that Dallas is serious contenders to win the championship but we weren't either in 2011.
                                Im a VC fan so that'll be why.
                                Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                                Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Working...
                                X